• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
GratefulBob
Fresh Boarder

Red Rocks in 2011

#35474 3 years, 2 months ago
[b]I am going to attend the Red Rocks shows this fall and wanted to to know what the camping situation is like there. I'm going to be flying in from Maryland and hooking up with a couple of friends from California who are driving in with a camper. Do you camp out where you park for the three days or do they clear the joint after the shows each night? Thanks for any advice passed along.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Red Rocks in 2011

#35481 3 years, 2 months ago
GratefulBob wrote:
[b]I am going to attend the Red Rocks shows this fall and wanted to to know what the camping situation is like there. I'm going to be flying in from Maryland and hooking up with a couple of friends from California who are driving in with a camper. Do you camp out where you park for the three days or do they clear the joint after the shows each night? Thanks for any advice passed along.

They most certainly do clear the place out. They give you a little more time than the average venue though. I think we left about an hour- and- a -half after the September shows last year. Don't miss this venue though.

Chief Hosa > NA
Bear Creek Lake (First come , first served...does'nt take reservations) 303.697.6159 ~ 15 minutes from RR
Golden Gate Canyon State Park 303.582.3707 ~ 30 minutes to RR
Clear Creek RV Park 303.278.1437 ~20 minutes to RR
Dakota Ridge RV Park 303.279.1625 ~ 10 minutes to RR

Good luck, + see you inside!
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by strangerinboulder.
perry
Senior Boarder

#35568 3 years, 2 months ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
GratefulBob wrote:

They most certainly do clear the place out. They give you a little more time than the average venue though. I think we left about an hour- and- a -half after the September shows last year. Don't miss this venue though.

Chief Hosa > NA
Bear Creek Lake (First come , first served...does'nt take reservations) 303.697.6159 ~ 15 minutes from RR
Golden Gate Canyon State Park 303.582.3707 ~ 30 minutes to RR
Clear Creek RV Park 303.278.1437 ~20 minutes to RR
Dakota Ridge RV Park 303.279.1625 ~ 10 minutes to RR

There may be camping at Chatfield State Park as well, maybe 15 minutes away? I heard you can do resis at Bear Creek for the yurts, but they may have changed that...

Good luck, + see you inside!
GratefulBob
Fresh Boarder

#35842 3 years, 2 months ago
Thanks fellas, that was very helpful and should take the sting out of my learning curve in Red Rocks.... It's been on my bucket list forever.
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#35892 3 years, 2 months ago
We camped at Chatfield Reservoir for last years shows and it was great. It is about 15 from the venue and you can reserve the sights online. Have fun
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds