• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

it sucks about some soundboards...

#35320 3 years, 4 months ago
which are taken off archive because they are commercially released. If the whole show is released commercially then that's fine but for instance with 6/26/74 which is on Dick's Picks 12 but not the whole show. So there are parts of soundboard recordings which we know are out there but we can't here.

they should release the parts of the SB's that are not released commercially, but thankfully there were tapers out there anyway for some audience recordings....
bokb
Senior Boarder
Be, okay? Be.

Re: it sucks about some soundboards...

#35341 3 years, 4 months ago
I'd been under the impression that the whole controversy that had gone down like, what, almost ten years ago? ended with the agreement that all Grateful Dead sdbds were to be removed, and that archive.org would disallow Dead sdbd uploading. All kinds of copyright issues or whatever that had Bobby and Phil totally squaring off like Metallica vs. napster.

Every now & then I'd stumble across a sdbd that had somehow missed the copyright police tho, typically super early stuff from the sixties. I've found a lot more stuff in recent years, however, that I could stream, but not download. There are other sources to find sdbds tho.

Personally, I'm grateful to the insane tapers who've gotten some really stellar recordings!
If unable to dance, I'll crawl.
maredwar
Junior Boarder

#35400 3 years, 4 months ago
They're still out there if you know where to look. Just not on the Archive.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#35405 3 years, 4 months ago
the AUDS arent bad sometimes they sound better than sound boards,not all the time but some times
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds