• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
intothesun
Visitor

Re: I AM AUDITIONING FOR PHIL AND FRIENDS

#35518 3 years, 2 months ago
yeah you guys are right. I acted like a d bag. I'm really not that way in real life. I've been having a really tough time with life in general lately as far as money and family issues. I apologize to you all. You are here for a reason. You love the dead like me. We've prob danced right next to eachother during some of the greatest times of our lives. Knock em flat - yeah i admitted i went flat and fallen branch says knock em flat....they were only kidding and thats all. I'm sorry. Its just that my life is depending on this audition. i currently have no health insurance. My wife either. I want to have her safe in case of emergencies. also, i owned a business and it hasnt been doing so well. I know im very qualified to sing professionally and hear people way less qualified all the time on tv, radio, and at phil and friend shows or hippie fests. I've hung in there for years. I've auditioned at the Apollo in NYC twice. I've recorded and recorded and recorded. But then what do you do with it? You gotta b at the right place at the right time. I'm talking like 10 plus years of just trying over and over. Nothing really gives. I sang in my church chior for the past 2 years and got a couple solos, a big honor, and enjoyed my participation. There was no money and thats cool, it was for the glory of the Lord and to get the church ready for the preacher to tell the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The thing is this. I dont need to work on my personality. All i do is repeadidly act kind and pray and give people good advice and act in a Jah love manner towards everyone. Its just so frustrating that something doesnt give even once after so many turns in the road of life. I've been driving through the desert and keep seeing the horizon and then its just another LONG valley to cross all over again. I acted like a dick and im sorry. Its a touchy subject cause there is so much more that is on the line besides what i have shared so far. My bad.
intothesun
Visitor

#35521 3 years, 2 months ago
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#35525 3 years, 2 months ago
Apology accepted. We are all entitled to lapses. I have had many and will have many more in the future. Music is a tough business as is acting and all the arts. Thus the saying struggling artist. You gotta do it for the love of it and find those $ elsewhere I suppose. If you are able to make a living from it you are one of a lucky few.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#35527 3 years, 2 months ago
It's tough to put yourself out there, and I think you made a really nice apology and explanation. It's a real crime that we leave people trying to cope without health care coverage in this country, even with all it's (maldistributed) wealth. Hang in there, and I hope things get better very soon!!!
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#35529 3 years, 2 months ago
Damn, now I have to place the plug back in my grenade. Everyone on this thread is lucky.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#35530 3 years, 2 months ago
Keep that grenade handy. We are going to need it. Just not on this thread. Lol
intothesun
Visitor

#35531 3 years, 2 months ago
I also am not having a great week cause i got pink eye the other day while touching a dirty pinpad at JcPenny's. And also got poison ivy while putting up a dog pen for Peetie. So i have pink eye and poison ivy ! (not to mention all over my body) I'm not a happy camper. My apologies for the negative vibes. I hope i can be forgiven. My karma in real life is through the fucking roof. But here on the computer...I'm looking like Rory McIlroys golf score card yest in Bethesda. I'm officially signing off and can only say this.....praises to the most high jah rastafari. Glory to god - praise Jesus.
"Moses stood up upon his six foot ten, said you can't close the doors when the walls caved in"
The best is yet to come
intothesun
Visitor

#35535 3 years, 2 months ago
Thanks yall. i appreciate you accepting my apology And thanks Tony for all the laughs.
nastero
Junior Boarder

#35556 3 years, 2 months ago
Of course you can be forgiven. It's always good to know someone's circumstances as it helps inform their reactions to various situations.

Given the storm of sh*t you seem to be weathering right now, I'd have to say you've handled yourself fairly admirably and likely better than I could hope to handle myself if I were in your shoes.

Keep on keepin' on man and know that, more often than not, folks are pulling for you and wishing you good luck and a happy, successful future.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#35565 3 years, 2 months ago
for the record i didn't even critique your music all i said was you need to be able to handle criticism if you want to be in the music biz,and you went ballistic.However since you apologized i will also say I'm sorry .
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds