• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ShineOn
Junior Boarder

Sirius XM Grateful Dead Channel

#34666 3 years, 1 month ago
Any Sirius XM subscribers here? What are youre favorite pieces of the channel? Least favorite?

I have had Sirius for quite some time and that channel really enabled me to get into the Grateful Dead. My favorite parts are the multiple full shows daily and the head sets. The Grateful Dead channel is the reason I keep paying for the service, worth every penny in my opinion. I do wish they would mix up the shows a little more as it seems they heavily favor the stuff from 74-77.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Sirius XM Grateful Dead Channel

#34669 3 years, 1 month ago
The live shows are great. We're usually out and about during those times, and it's fun to be surprised every day at what you turn on. And of course, the New Year's Furthur broadcast, technical foul ups aside, was pretty great. Just a hint- if you call them when its time to renew and say you need to cancel but don't want to, they WILL offer a lower price rather than turn you off. It's worked for me for the last 2 years.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#34672 3 years, 1 month ago
Sirius/XM is nice but why pay 200 bucks a year for what Uncle John gives for free on www.gdradio.net/ ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, Uncle John
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#34675 3 years, 1 month ago
how much different stuff do they play on the GD channel? - Do they play all the side projects and post garcia bands to?

there is so much different stuff on gdradio - the majority being Grateful Dead but he plays everything and mixes up the GD he plays pretty damn good I'd say, as far as the years go.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#34676 3 years, 1 month ago
there really isn't much difference
if you wanna check out sirius/xm just go to the website and try a free week subscription

www.siriusxm.com/freetrial
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#34677 3 years, 1 month ago
They play everything, including all the spin-off projects and other folks' covers of Dead songs. I've been able to get it for around 85/year. Admittedly, it's not a necessity and I could certainly just play my own music but I still like station surfing in the car!
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#34721 3 years, 1 month ago
I've had Sirius for years now. I enjoy the gd channel. They just changed it to 24 from 32. There's not much I don't like about it. David ganz or whatever his name is can bore me to death and be a real deuchbag sometimes. But if you spend a lot of time in your car, satellite radio is the way to go.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#34724 3 years, 1 month ago
I have GD channel as favorite #1, JamOn as #2 and Margaritaville #3 in my vehicle. My wife got it for me as a gift and I love it. My least favorite channel - anything rap, which my oldest tries to listen to in my truck but I only let him 10 percent of the time. I try to be open to it, cause I don't want to sound like my parents, but damn that stuff gets on my nerves alot.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#34732 3 years, 1 month ago
I listen to howard stern all the time. Tatum O'neil was on yesterday. She had one screwed up life.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#34737 3 years, 1 month ago
David Gan's is the man. Does he host the GD channel or something? .... I always hear his weekly "Grateful Dead Hour" on gdradio, he made some good music himself as well - can't wait to see him at the Vibes this year!
Time to create page: 0.67 seconds