• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
WayfaringDreamer
Junior Boarder

Re: Rainy days and Mean Hippies

#3769 3 years, 4 months ago
People are people, they have good days, bad days and sometimes are mean for no apparent reason. Other times they are purposefully mean.

Other times they practice unconditional kindness for no particular reason.

Stereotyping people or fans of the GD is not a good idea.
WGJORDAN3
Junior Boarder

#3776 3 years, 4 months ago
DONT TRIP ON THE NEGATIVE THINGS SOMEONE PUTS ANYWHERE. THIS COMMUNITY IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE ONE THE BEST IN THE WORLD, THERE'S ALWAYS GONNA BE THAT 2% THATS OFF CENTER. GOOD JOB ON PUTTING THOSE SMOKES DOWN.
"TAKE MY ADVICE, YOU'D BE BETTER OFF DEAD."
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#3781 3 years, 4 months ago
Yea yea yea, the internet sucks we've heard it before.

Get yourself out to a show and experience the REAL furthur/deadhead scene. You know what im talking about. You remember those events where the band gets together and the fans come and the band plays and the fans enjoy it and dance. THATS WERE THE REAL GOOD STUFF IS HAPPENING BUDDY. YOUR NOT GOING TO FIND THAT ON THE INTERNET.
Lynx
Visitor

#3827 3 years, 4 months ago
WGJORDAN3, Shakeit... you guys are right. There have been a lot of good points made in this thread. It was ultimately just how I was feeling at the moment. I learned long ago not to believe everything I think. I regret spreading my momentary misery around. I made a few generalizations of my own and that was wrong. Thanks for bearing with me.

(post takes random turn)

Smoking Update : It's day 8 and feeling confident. Each craving for a cigarette only lasts a few minutes and it really isn't that awful a feeling when you think about it. I mean, people act like quitting cigarettes is the equivalent of having bamboo shoots shoved under your finger nails or something. It's really just mildly annoying at best. Heck, DIETING is harder! Seriously. A cig craving sucks, but it only last a few minutes. Distract yourself and it will go away (that's what I'm doing right now!!!!). Being hungry stays until you eat, and messing with hunger is messing with something primal. We do need food, we don't need tobacco. Perhaps is we didn;t pre-convince ourselves that quitting smoking was going to be the hardest thing we ever did then... it wouldn't be.
WayfaringDreamer
Junior Boarder

#3837 3 years, 4 months ago
Lynx, good luck stopping smoking!
carlspackler
Fresh Boarder

#3915 3 years, 4 months ago
What is highly amusing is how people give a crap what some faceless joker says to them on the internet. Who cares? Its a lark, a joke and it has no bearing whatsoever on your real life, unless YOU choose to let it......the deader than thou types who want to tell everyone how to be "kind" irritate me a hell of alot more than any of the wise asses or troills.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brooklyn Jimmy, Strummer101er, floepiejane
deadbeat427
Junior Boarder

#3919 3 years, 4 months ago
It seems to me these days most people who get on forums or websites all think they are critics because they can post their opinions freely. Not saying it's always a bad thing but most the time it can be. Also in the era we live in most people are negatively minded in general. That's why we need furthur and this style of music and thoughts to help us refind ourselves
Make myself a bed by the waterside
In my time - in my time - I will roll roll roll
Brooklyn Jimmy
Junior Boarder

#3921 3 years, 4 months ago
carlspackler wrote:
What is highly amusing is how people give a crap what some faceless joker says to them on the internet. Who cares? Its a lark, a joke and it has no bearing whatsoever on your real life, unless YOU choose to let it......the deader than thou types who want to tell everyone how to be "kind" irritate me a hell of alot more than any of the wise asses or troills.

That's all well and good Carl, but I'm way Furthurer than thou.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#248214 1 year, 3 months ago
This thread I suppose is still relevent today.
Funny how most of the people who posted in this thread 2 years ago aren't active on this board anymore.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
Gratefullyjohn
Junior Boarder
Let it ride, let it roll... LET IT ROLL

#248217 1 year, 3 months ago
deadbeat427 wrote:
.... That's why we need furthur and this style of music and thoughts to help us refind ourselves
Broken heart don't feel so bad, you ain't got half of what you thought you had
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds