• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

Psilocybin has medical benefits

#34435 3 years, 4 months ago
According to researchers at Johns Hopkins University, psilocybin has mental health benefits, especially for those people suffering terminal cancer.

news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/201106...fits-researchers-say

Researchers at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine have been studying the effects of psilocybin, a chemical found in some psychedelic mushrooms, that's credited with inducing transcendental states. Now, they say, they've zeroed in on the perfect dosage level to produce transformative mystical and spiritual experiences that offer long-lasting life-changing benefits, while carrying little risk of negative reactions.

The breakthrough could speed the day when doctors use psilocybin--long viewed skeptically for its association with 1960s countercultural thrill-seekers--for a range of valuable clinical functions, like easing the anxiety of terminally ill patients, treating depression and post-traumatic stress disorder, and helping smokers quit. Already, studies in which depressed cancer patients were given the drug have reported positive results. "I'm not afraid to die anymore" one participant told The Lookout.

The Johns Hopkins study--whose results will be published this week in the journal Psychopharmacology--involved giving healthy volunteers varying doses of psilocybin in a controlled and supportive setting, over four separate sessions. Looking back more than a year later, 94 percent of participants rated it as one of the top five most spiritually significant experiences of their lifetimes.

More important, 89 percent reported lasting, positive changes in their behavior--better relationships with others, for instance, or increased care for their own mental and physical well-being. Those assessments were corroborated by family members and others.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, MushroomMan, Abba, illuminaughty, DeadHead420, mddichard07
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Psilocybin has medical benefits

#34448 3 years, 4 months ago
interesting, we'll see where it goes!

i was surprised this wasn't a mushroom man thread
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Chester
More or less in line

#34457 3 years, 4 months ago
I've seen this. Gotta agree.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
KevD510
Fresh Boarder

#34468 3 years, 4 months ago
Here's another good site/org, they've been around since 1986.

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies
www.maps.org/home/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#34471 3 years, 4 months ago
it certainly opened my mind and gave me a whole new perception on life, thanks for posting this

never underestimate the power of the Fungi...
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
ddsstyle
Visitor

#34472 3 years, 4 months ago
they are also doing studies involving clinical LSD use. So far it has been used to treat things like cluster headaches. As long as our country acknowledges this insane and unscientifically based 'drug scheduling' system, the full potential of these substances will not be known (as our policies virtually puppet those of a good number of other developed nations).
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#34473 3 years, 4 months ago
What the hell. Where in tarnations to I sign up for this. Pshh dose me doc. lol Havent encountered the fungi in like, fawk, 6 months i think. Too long, if ya ask me. Sign me up Dr Dr mr MD. *begin good lovin*

P.S. Had a good day spangin, went out to an offramp for a bit. Made $33. =-) Not horrible i guess. Gonna give most of it to me mum, for gas n whatnot(TAMPONS)......LMFAO. I think a bike ride with the hound, then a nice little bowl to cap off the night.This random dude gave me a tasty purple nug earlier whilst spanging. Yuppp. Brightened my day=-) Oh and dont forget a massive application of aloevera because some stupid white boy (ME) has to forget his sunscreen. It was hotter than satans anus tday too. lol Dont ask me how i know how hot satans anus is. Its a touchy subject.............

WHAT WOULD JESUS DO......HUH.......YEAH, YOU..........YEAH, I SAID IM TALKIN TO YOU........STOP IGNORING ME !!!!!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#34475 3 years, 4 months ago
JEBUS WHERE ARE YOU JEBUS
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
odea
Junior Boarder
At least I'm enjoying the ride

#34487 3 years, 4 months ago
DeadHead420 wrote:

P.S. Had a good day spangin, went out to an offramp for a bit. Made $33. =-) Not horrible i guess.

boooo.
"Here was blue, here was yellow, here was green, sky and river, woods and mountains, all beautiful, all mysterious and enchanting, and in the midst of it, he, Siddhartha, the awakened one, on the way to himself."
The following user(s) said Thank You: mddichard07
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#34502 3 years, 4 months ago
odea wrote:
DeadHead420 wrote:

P.S. Had a good day spangin, went out to an offramp for a bit. Made $33. =-) Not horrible i guess.

boooo.

What the fuck you booin at???...
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by DeadHead420.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds