• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

Furthur Store Ideas/Requests

#34381 3 years, 1 month ago
Not sure if you guys are directly hooked into furthur or not, but if there is way that you could get a limited batch of posters for the "store" from each and every show you could sell them for more then 30-40. Due to the resellers getting up to 300.00 a peice for them I feel that it maybe worth Furthurs while to make sure that all that want one can get one at a reasonable price point even after the show. Maybe my 2 cents in the wind, but it is worth looking into.

Also this generation could be even more consumptive then the last and I feel that Merch could really catch fire if marketed correctly.

Phil/Jill/ Marketing and Merchandise Manager/ Anyone.......?

Anyone else have any ideas?
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: Furthur Store Ideas/Requests

#34394 3 years, 1 month ago
i like the idea that any/all forum members can reserve a poster to each show ,for a deposit of course,this way "true" fans get them,we should get some perks for being rabid fans
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by 83msg1sttyme.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#34402 3 years, 1 month ago
sounds like a good idea 83msg - it'd be cool if we could just buy them and get them shipped to us instead of hanging onto them instead of the deposit thing but I'm down either way.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#34421 3 years, 1 month ago
what i mean by that MM is you can reserve the posters ,for a deposit and if you change your mind you forfeit the deposit and poster and they can resell it but you dont have to worrry about getting one at the show and worry bout losing/damaging it.everybody wins cept the resellers .also 30-40 bucks a poster is pricey so sday i want all 5 posters for the shows i go to thats 150-200 bucks big chunk to pay at one time but if you have the deposit you can buy them as you can afford them but they wont be sold out
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Listen To The Flower People

#34443 3 years, 1 month ago
Basic SEO (title tags) have been severely neglected on most aspects of this site (generally and the store). More explicite title tags will generate higher results for internal product pages. Try searching on google for "furthur la greek posters" ... not very high results because the title tag is:

Furthur Store | Furthur Fall 2010 Tour Poster

... the title tag should try to have all the venues' common names included.

What I'm driving at is that they might be making marketing decisions without realizing their storefront is not even close to being competitive with some of the more aggressive resellers. It won't take Google very long to figure out who has the most credibility on this front if greater attention were paid to improvements on a very simple SEO front. By keeping more posters in stock which correspond to more venues, they will have created dozens (if not hundreds) of potential entry pathways into their domain.

I know it's not necessarily the first thing which comes to mind for a webmaster who's primarily into graphic design or database / interface development ... and it might seem like a "bogus" cost to the powers that be, but I can plainly see tons of potential which has not been fully realized on this front.

Definitely not pitching SEO, just saying that maybe a conservative position on excess inventory on posters kind of misses the boat in so far as being penny wise dollar foolish.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#34513 3 years, 1 month ago
I like the idea of some kind of poster subscription for established boarders here. I'd certainly take part in something like that.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#34529 3 years, 1 month ago
Or least maybe have tour merch outside the venue. This way you could buy and take back to your car. It has its draw backs too, I guess
GOOD LOVE
Time to create page: 0.72 seconds