• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: What cell phone are you rockin these days.

#34309 3 years, 3 months ago
Same here. An old Motorola. I keep finding batteries on line for it. I don't want a smart phone. This one is just fine. If it aint broke, don't fix it. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DancingBear
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#34354 3 years, 3 months ago
My wife is Indonesian. Asian people do things differently, and when we were getting dumplings in east LA she saw a very asian cell phone store. This guy is off the hook and I tell everyone to use him.

Our only requirement is that it be unlocked, so when you travel to a foreign country you buy their sim card and you can use your phone but with a local number in that country. In Indoensia, for like $10 you get a 1,000 minutes or something. So that cancels out Verizon.

The guy I go to gives the following deal: you do a 2 year contract. He reimburses you the $35 set up fee new customers pay. You get a free phone. You have to have at least a $49 plan (we have a family plan, two phones, $80 1,000 minutes plus free weekends and family). If you don't want a new phone, he pays you $50.

I lost my phone, but we weren't due to get a free phone for 3 months. So I paid for the new phone ($180) and when we were able, he simply paid my money back to me.

the lesson I learned: Don't go to the very franchisy looking stores: find a hole in the wall family operated one. they give the best/ great deal. Every 2 years we get new phones, and it costs us nothing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded, DancingBear
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#34364 3 years, 3 months ago
>>>>>>>CREDO Mobile <<<<Dancing Bear you must check this out iit is the perfect phone co.

"Before I knew about CREDO, I was giving close to a thousand dollars a year to an undeserving, multi-billion-dollar corporation.... I never thought I would belong to a cell phone company that I would enjoy giving my money to. I would much rather support a company that stands for progressive change." — Rachel F., CREDO Mobile member

Get 25% off your monthly service fee for one year plus a contract buyout credit of up to $350 per line, for up to three lines.* Call 877-346-0516 and mention special offer code 310797 or join online today. Offer expires June 20, 2011.

oh hell everyone switch they will buy out you contract.
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#34367 3 years, 3 months ago
I still go with the oldschool 2 cups n a string method of communication. Low low monthly cost of $0. =-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruby_claire, Abba, DancingBear
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#34565 3 years, 3 months ago
captaintony wrote:
Android with Verizon.

Been checkin out the android x2 and even though in the past I have been less inclined to go high tech, that phone has some seriously nice features....like the 720p video capabilities......summer tour!!! Plus other features like gps and internet to make my life a little more organized.
Can't talk to you without talkin' to me. Were guilty of the same ol' things.
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#34566 3 years, 3 months ago
Chester wrote:
Verizon has the most coverage of all the companies. I'm with Verizon. But have been for so long, I'm not on a contract anymore.
35 bucks a month. But I don't think you can get that plan anymore. I'm grandfathered in. lol. Same phone for about 5 years now.

Mine is the same way....had this deal for about 8 years now and its way less than the current plans they offer.
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#34567 3 years, 3 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i've had a verizon cell phone plan (with the same phone number) for 10 years, went through many phones...broke my LG versa a couple years ago teaching (of all places), too cheap to replace it so i use an old samsung alias the thing is legitimately built to last...i'm afraid to upgrade to a smart phone like my family and friends keep encouraging, too clumsy...i can drop this samsung and nothing happens, drop one of those nifty iphones or droids, you're fucked

The dropping thing is the one idea that keeps me from getting a smartphone. But, the all-in-one feature is really pullin at me. I have two young'ins which i would love to capture more video and pics of without looking like I run a small tech biz out of the trunk of my car.
The best phone i ever had was a audiovox. Wasn't a flip phone and had to pull the antenna up, but it never dropped a call and worked flawlessly.....then verizion went digital. It was analog.
DancingBear
Senior Boarder

#34568 3 years, 3 months ago
ecojaded wrote:
>>>>>>>CREDO Mobile <<<<Dancing Bear you must check this out iit is the perfect phone co.

"Before I knew about CREDO, I was giving close to a thousand dollars a year to an undeserving, multi-billion-dollar corporation.... I never thought I would belong to a cell phone company that I would enjoy giving my money to. I would much rather support a company that stands for progressive change." — Rachel F., CREDO Mobile member

Get 25% off your monthly service fee for one year plus a contract buyout credit of up to $350 per line, for up to three lines.* Call 877-346-0516 and mention special offer code 310797 or join online today. Offer expires June 20, 2011.

oh hell everyone switch they will buy out you contract.

Will definately check them out.
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#34629 3 years, 3 months ago
Motorola Cliq2 3G. T-mobile. $79.99 unlimited text, web, and minutes. Great deal. Awesome phone. Tmobile is lacking lately though. At&t and verizon way better service right now, sprint sucks. But Tmobile will soon be At&t and plans will be grandfathered in. By the way, I drop my phone all the time and so does my wife. They are made with gorilla glass and don't break as easy as you think.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#35864 3 years, 3 months ago
Like Chris Rock said. Two things that used to be free....Ringtones + water. Now we pay for both of these. Silly Americans !!
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by strangerinboulder.
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds