• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MindLeftBodyJam
Junior Boarder

Re: Furthur Poster Scalping Problem!

#5290 3 years, 6 months ago
please commission Marq Spusta for more work!
He's on fire.
Docpaleo
Junior Boarder
Peace, love & light

#5297 3 years, 6 months ago
Thanks Jill!

I consider myself lucky to have ordered the Broomfield Skeleton Mtn. Skier direct from posterscene, signed by Biffle. Usually never buy them but that one was very cool and I like his art.

Him signing it was a suprise when it arrived at the house.

peace to you both and the band!

whitey-x & evie moonflower

GDHeliskierF11x17.jpg
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#5305 3 years, 6 months ago
That's a pretty cool image.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Irrenarzt
Junior Boarder

#31814 3 years, 3 months ago
Anyone have a link to a site where the posters are displayed? I'm happy enough with jpg's of the posters for my album art. I don't have room for posters where I live.

I don't prefer the album art that comes with the downloads.
All You Need
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by Irrenarzt.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#31827 3 years, 3 months ago
furthur store is probably the best place to start
google is your friend too
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
GratefulDeadhead
Junior Boarder

#31837 3 years, 3 months ago
im no poster scalper, but i always get my poster or whatever im looking to get from merch as soon as i walk in. the good merch ALWAYS goes fast...this is nothing new.

i personally dont have a problem with people resellin posters. if thats what they wanna do and people wanna buy em. then thats their deal.

plus the furthur store sells merch...sometimes it takes a while but its available there after the show too...so.
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by GratefulDeadhead. Reason: adding more
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#31939 3 years, 3 months ago
only poster I'm missing is the "Let It Grow" poster from fall 2010....... I seen it going into worcester and said to myself "I don't wanna hang onto it all night ill get it on the way out" --- and so it was gone.....and I didn't see any at the 2 MSG shows either

I got all the other posters for shows I've seen including both tour posters and posters for runs of shows -- ie: MSG, RCMH, Best Buy, Phil's B-Day

--BTW I learned my lesson - from now on I get em' as soon as I see em'
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by MushroomMan.
gratefulpanda
Junior Boarder

#32258 3 years, 3 months ago
Equinox wrote:
I've noticed that the Furthur posters have been getting a lot more interesting since the NYE 3D piece. And from the size of this thread it appears that there's plenty of people like me who are into collecting this stuff. So if the poster scene gets bigger the scalping problem will probably take care of itself. Eventually there'll probably be something structured like at Phish shows. People have to stand in line, maybe numbers will be given out, no question there'll be a limit of one or two per customer. It may not stop resales on Ebay but it'll certainly stop the gouging.

this would be an easy way to solve the dilemma. though not a big phish fan, they do merchandising really really well. hey, i'm all into capitalism and all, i just want to see people have an equal opportunity. when only 500 posters are available for a particular show, 6,000-10,000 attend, and poster scalpers grab 20-30 each, well, do the math. low percentage left for customers. if more were available, and people just didn't grab the opportunity, then they sell out, well, that's different. then it's your own fault for not taking advantage when it was there. then i say, "go ahead and pay the scalper price." whatever, i just want en even playing field for everybody...
slipnut
Fresh Boarder

#33042 3 years, 3 months ago
What a bunch of crybabies. A guy buys a poster (or 20). He owns the poster(s). It's just a piece of paper really. When he/she needs to or when he/she wants to, he/she can sell the poster(s) for whatever they can get for it! You want a poster, pay the price. This is America. Quit yer bitchin'.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by slipnut.
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds