• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
posterpimp
Fresh Boarder

Re: Furthur Poster Scalping Problem!

#4950 3 years, 1 month ago
I don't see it as scalping. I see it as being smart. I bought my posters on 3/15, the last show of the Best Buy run. When I left the show there were plenty of posters still left. Anyone that wanted one could have bought one that night. if they missed out, well they can buy one on the aftermarket, but it's gonna cost a little more.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#4964 3 years, 1 month ago
I've noticed that the Furthur posters have been getting a lot more interesting since the NYE 3D piece. And from the size of this thread it appears that there's plenty of people like me who are into collecting this stuff. So if the poster scene gets bigger the scalping problem will probably take care of itself. Eventually there'll probably be something structured like at Phish shows. People have to stand in line, maybe numbers will be given out, no question there'll be a limit of one or two per customer. It may not stop resales on Ebay but it'll certainly stop the gouging.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
skimfrosty
Junior Boarder

#4976 3 years, 1 month ago
Equinox wrote:
I've noticed that the Furthur posters have been getting a lot more interesting since the NYE 3D piece. And from the size of this thread it appears that there's plenty of people like me who are into collecting this stuff. So if the poster scene gets bigger the scalping problem will probably take care of itself. Eventually there'll probably be something structured like at Phish shows. People have to stand in line, maybe numbers will be given out, no question there'll be a limit of one or two per customer. It may not stop resales on Ebay but it'll certainly stop the gouging.

Man the line for the posters at Phish 1.1.11 were crazy long! There had to have been 200 people in line 2 hours before the show.

No thanks.
Support Live Music
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#4983 3 years, 1 month ago
That's a result of the structure. At least every one of those 200 people got a poster. It's really a question of which is the lesser of two evils.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
sfwharfratluke
Junior Boarder

#5102 3 years, 1 month ago
i have so many posters - what would i do with another one? most of them end up in the closet or under the bed. don't get me wrong - i love the artwork and the memorabilia from the shows - but framing is pricey, and wall space is limited. i think a limit of 2 per person is reasonable - let em wait in line two or three times, and let em razzle their friends into waiting in line with em.
OsoRojo
Junior Boarder

#5151 3 years, 1 month ago
FURTHUR could easily sell more of the official Broomfield Skier poster
a 2nd LE run available only only, pre-order on website
they are doing well w/ on-site merch it seems
helps Bobby build TRI that's cool!

here's the 1st official Broomfield from Dubois. 2nd was the snowfglake on green background

here's an unofficial Biffle as well, signed. got two for $15 in lot after 3rd night
Attachments:
OsoRojo
Junior Boarder

#5154 3 years, 1 month ago
lets see those 3/15 posters!
Jill
Junior Boarder

#5241 3 years, 1 month ago
We are going to up the number of posters printed, so hopefully everyone who wants one at a show can get one.
Phil and I have run out of room at home to hang posters but we should have more wall space at Terrapin Landing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kmoffat, iamthedoor, skyties, gratefulpanda
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#5247 3 years, 1 month ago
are the posters from radio city going to be available through online merchandising ?

(the terrapins building the empire state building ?)
Jill
Junior Boarder

#5259 3 years, 1 month ago
I am not sure but will check, we do have a great merch team and they are working hard to make everyone happy. I just got a really cute Furthur women's t shirt that I wore tonight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: the highway terror, Docpaleo
Time to create page: 1.02 seconds