• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Grubby Bean
Fresh Boarder

Re: Furthur Poster Scalping Problem!

#4127 3 years ago
> you should be able to buy as many as you want because they should never run out

that's not right - quality posters should be limited - if you want something that never runs out, you'd have to sell only computer printouts - and those arent quality
Gigs
Junior Boarder

#4186 3 years ago
Jerry wrote:
As many of you have seen, many of the Furthur Posters are ending up on e bay. On 12/30 I saw people buying way more than one or two posters at a time. My girlfriend saw the same thing on 12/31 & I myself witnessed a lady buying 25 posters! That was obviously not for personal use. Should there not be a limit of one or two per patron? The same thing happened in Colorado in February, and my girlfriend was lucky to get one, being in line within moments after the doors opened. Anyone else think letting people buy tons of posters is fair?

bullshit guess the merch guys look at it as sales and less to carry to next show. also this way they don't get stuck with show specific posters.

but a lot like e don't buy at shows. we would rather get online which is what i do each time i get posters. if not from band from artist but never ever ebay
gratefulpanda
Junior Boarder

#4264 3 years ago
Agree completely. Saw the same thing. NYE poster for $115 on Ebay?!! Yes, I missed buying that night, but my only option shouldn't have to be buying it on Ebay for 3 to 4 times the face. I wish Furthur would post merchandise from tours on this site and sell at show prices. Saw the same in Boston too. One man bought 15 posters. $30 a piece, now $90 starting price on Ebay. Bad karma and bad way to rip off kind folk like us.
MPL
Fresh Boarder

#4267 3 years ago
Desperate times calls for desperate measures, too bad, people have to stop buying them then the demand will go away...
Patrick in Tally
Junior Boarder

#4268 3 years ago
gratefulpanda wrote:
Agree completely. Saw the same thing. NYE poster for $115 on Ebay?!! Yes, I missed buying that night, but my only option shouldn't have to be buying it on Ebay for 3 to 4 times the face. I wish Furthur would post merchandise from tours on this site and sell at show prices. Saw the same in Boston too. One man bought 15 posters. $30 a piece, now $90 starting price on Ebay. Bad karma and bad way to rip off kind folk like us.

They do...Not all but some. The price is the same I think... I am pretty sure the Red Rocks was 30 when I bought it.

www.furthurstore.com/c=ojw0pHQZD1WcdzrUb...category/furthur.z2/
Last Edit: 3 years ago by Patrick in Tally.
Voodoo Chile
Junior Boarder

#4299 3 years ago
saw a guy @ Phil's birthday rolling up 10-12 in a big tube. I bought one - $30. It's at my fav. frame shop now.

One is listed on ebay for $100, with only one mysterious bid.
"Distant life, different name
Another ride, just the same"
hunter/lesh
Voodoo Chile
Junior Boarder

#4301 3 years ago
Gr8fulauditors,

I met Mike DuBois @ Best Buy, I recently got his Furthur 2009 Poster #2 from this site (BTW rolled to tight). Nice guy.
"Distant life, different name
Another ride, just the same"
hunter/lesh
Last Edit: 3 years ago by Voodoo Chile. Reason: clarity
WGJORDAN3
Junior Boarder

#4306 3 years ago
Gr8fulauditors IS RIGHT, IF YOU GO TO MIKE DUBUOIS' PAGE YOU CAN PICK UP ANY ART WORK THAT HE'S DONE IN THE PAST.
"TAKE MY ADVICE, YOU'D BE BETTER OFF DEAD."
The following user(s) said Thank You: gratefulpanda
posterpimp
Fresh Boarder

#4937 3 years ago
I bought a bunch and sold a few on ebay. Helped pay for the shows I saw!

Any prints left over will end up on the furthur website
skimfrosty
Junior Boarder

#4939 3 years ago
posterpimp wrote:
I bought a bunch and sold a few on ebay. Helped pay for the shows I saw!

Any prints left over will end up on the furthur website

Its the same as scalping tickets to pay for other shows.......I've seen it done before.

Whatever makes you happy man.
Support Live Music
Time to create page: 0.87 seconds