Junior Boarder

Re: Favorite Indoor Venue

#34303 2 years, 10 months ago
Radio City Music Hall
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#34315 2 years, 10 months ago
there are just far too many to pick one---hampton, the fox, warfield, sherman theater, stephens aud, northrup, shea's, oakdale is pretty nice, best buy, rcmh, many more

believe it or not one of the best indoor venues i saw furthur was asbury park convention center....right on the boardwalk/ocean, no pat downs (i walked in with a 12 pack the 2nd night) very tiny like a high school gym, great vibes all around, the scene on the beach afterward was priceless
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Gigs
Junior Boarder

#34406 2 years, 10 months ago
wlewis wrote:
there are just far too many to pick one---hampton, the fox, warfield, sherman theater, stephens aud, northrup, shea's, oakdale is pretty nice, best buy, rcmh, many more

believe it or not one of the best indoor venues i saw furthur was asbury park convention center....right on the boardwalk/ocean, no pat downs (i walked in with a 12 pack the 2nd night) very tiny like a high school gym, great vibes all around, the scene on the beach afterward was priceless

what killed that place was lack of bathrooms

yeah but that place was ruff first night packed to gills no room and a billion degrees. next nice was nice but still a apin to piss. i took 3 songs to pee the first night and second night my girl went to beer line twice while i was in line waiting to piss. yes nice but not the nicest. but would go again since live in walking distance.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#34409 2 years, 10 months ago
As far as asbury Park........ one section from the stage on the JK side. The WORST sound I ever heard in 30 plus years of concert going. It was so f... up & distorted it entirely ruined set 1. It got better during set 2 but by that point I wan't a happy camper. The next night we were on the packed floor and the sound was decent but still not great. A friend of mine whose been going to shows for 40 plus years (he's really old LOL) I found out the next day left after the first set, he was in a different part of the resrved secition but had the same horrendous sound issues. Back to topic I would say Stanley in Pittsburgh first as it was my first show and a beautiful 4-5 k venue (pristine sound). But in a word the most consistently rocking venue:

SPECTRUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The energy in that place was always off the charts and the boys nearly always delivered LARGE ( I woulda said always but spring 92 pretty much sucked everywhere with very few exceptions) . Caught every show there from 4/7/85 on. The crowd was always ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second: MSG on a good night the energy surpassed the spectrum. However the shows & crowd there were not as consistently great.............caught a few really off nights there..guess that happens when you play 9 day stands........

BTW even the Spectrum goodbye THE Dead shows May of 09 were off the chain Band & crowd..... words don't do the vibe of night 2 justice.............
drpsilocybo
Junior Boarder
Trying to find a peacefull song

#34412 2 years, 10 months ago
The convention center in Asbury Park NJ is my favorite indoor venue. best buy was cool, but time square is kinda hard to handle. I'd rather walk out onto the beach after the show.

The National in Richmond VA and Rams Head in Baltimore are two indoor venues I really like, but they're far too small for furthur
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#34456 2 years, 10 months ago
yeah i'm not sure about bad sound or it being packed for asbury

i was standing in front of phil both nights with all the room in the world to get down and dirty, getting great sound
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds