• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

It was 20 years ago today............

#34012 2 years, 10 months ago
After 2 stealth shows in Charlotte...no GDTS......my crew found our way up to DC for this monster. Later to be VFTV 2. Had sweet 15th row seats center a lil to Jerrys side. Whole night was pure magic... first set highlights ALL LOL seriously every version of each tune was stellar the hoedown of Big River>Maggies sticks out as well as a blistering BT WIND (my fave version ever) and a Music never Stopped that was well epic. Set 2 Though now it is overplayed ( I would never have thought this 20 years ago!) the return of Help>Slip>Franklins (missed Hampton ;() including a barn burner ending ...Estimated >Dark Star........... levitating RFK...Jerry plays & sings us a sweet Stella> a rousing Weirfest Lovelight.
What a night. What I want to know.......... "WHERE DOES THE TIME GO"........ gone are the daze............ * JERRY sends us home with a sweeit Baby blue ....................

06/14/91 (Fri) Robert F. Kennedy Stadium - Washington, DC

Set 1: Cold Rain & Snow, Wang Dang Doodle, Jack A Roe, Big River > Maggie's Farm, Row Jimmy, Black Throated Wind, Tennessee Jed, Music Never Stopped

Set 2: Help On The Way > Slipknot > Franklin's Tower, Estimated Prophet > Dark Star > Drums > Space > Stella Blue > Lovelight, E: It's All Over Now Baby Blue
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, kfender
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: It was 20 years ago today............

#34015 2 years, 10 months ago
sgt. pepper told the band to play
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#34016 2 years, 10 months ago
anytime you get a baby blue you were at something special
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#34018 2 years, 10 months ago
that setlist sounds like a show I just heard on gdradio the other day...
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#34020 2 years, 10 months ago
wlewis wrote:
sgt. pepper told the band to play

and the boys came to rock RFK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#34032 2 years, 10 months ago
Shit this is rekindling alot of memories.. and then this thought came to me ..this show was 10 years & 4 months after my 1st show ...............mf I'm old as dirt.................good news is I just checked the mirror & though balding I am still DEAD sexy........LOL
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#34038 2 years, 10 months ago
You can't possibly be old because my first shows were summer of '82 and I'm sure I'm still very, very young!!
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#34048 2 years, 10 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
You can't possibly be old because my first shows were summer of '82 and I'm sure I'm still very, very young!!

Chronolgically 46.....mentally 16 (its taken me a LONG time to get that far!!!), liver/physically 220 years old & still kickin!!!! ...............
kfender
Gold Boarder

#34050 2 years, 10 months ago
One of my alltime favs!!The lower deck was bouncing up and down a good 6 inches.Made it kinda hard to dance when standing there.So cool to have the view from the vault too.I watch it every couple of months!Good times indeed
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
Time to create page: 0.99 seconds