• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Listen To The Flower People

Shoreline posters?!?

#33942 3 years, 1 month ago
Would've maybe gotten one leaving the 2nd day, but they were sold out. Definitely don't like holding on to them at shows ... so decided to wait after seeing them the first day. They were the 3-d lithograph type ... which I wasn't sure if they roll up very easily either. Was kinda bummed when they weren't around the 2nd day.

So, kinda wonder whether furthur purposes limits the number of prints to increase the perceived value or if they get scooped up in mass by resellers? I recall reading a post a while back about last year someone seeing someone buy a whole stack at Broomfield in 2010 ... which if it is the case, then I would suggest placing a limit (maybe 2x per person) until maybe the 20 minutes after the last show (corresponding to any given poster) ends - at which point the resellers can scoop them up.

Just a thought ....
ColoradoRain
Junior Boarder

Re: Shoreline posters?!?

#33943 3 years, 1 month ago
I was just thinking about that. I snatched my RCMH and Broomfield posters as soon as i got there, and they sold out before the shows were over. At Radio City there were only 420 prints. And you do see people buying ten at a time. I really don't get why they're so limited, give the fans the posters!
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#33974 3 years, 1 month ago
Anyone have a pic or know who the artist was?
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#33998 3 years, 1 month ago
I think they don't make as many anymore because they don't want left overs...... they made 1200 posters for 2010 RCMH and they had a bunch left and were giving them away on Furthurmore friday for a while....

I don't like hanging onto them during the shows either but I always want one so I grab it first thing now.... especially after I missed out on the "Let It Grow" Fall 2010 poster - seen it going into Worcester and it was gone on the way out, and then I looked all over MSG both nights and couldn't find one.....

The 3D ones probably don't roll up good so it would suck in GA hanging onto that but if there regular posters you just gotta roll them up and dance with them --- also if your in the right state of mind and in the middle of a crowd, try holding your rolled up poster up to one ear and blocking the other and listening threw it, it was pretty far out ---- Phil's B-Day posters were going like wild fire, I'm glad I grabbed one. Just had to dance with it in hand and its useful when ballons are bouncing around to, just gotta look at the bright side of hangin onto them all night.

---I didn't try that poster up to my ear thing during the music - just intermission with all sorts of talking noise
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by MushroomMan.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#34003 3 years, 1 month ago
they should sell em in tubes for the price they charge for the damm things and i like the idea of a limit of 2x till after the show
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#34049 3 years, 1 month ago
Phish posters come with tubes.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Listen To The Flower People

#34051 3 years, 1 month ago
If they are printing a very limited number and don't have a limit per person, then it's essentially a give away to the resellers as far as I'm concerned.

I understand not wanting to spend more $$$ than is necessary on inventory, but I'm sure a $30 poster doesn't cost Furthur $30 ... probably more like a few bucks ... which can add up, but you know what, there's an SEO value in so far as having the furthur store have as many possible entry pathways into the website as possible. One person could be searching for RCMH poster and enter the store through the direct link to that item & wind up purchasing a shirt and a hat as well after wandering around the store.

Micheal Everett was the artist according to this reseller who marked up the price 3x:

cgi.ebay.com/Furthur-Poster-June-3-4-201...;hash=item23118d76bc
ddsstyle
Visitor

#34194 3 years, 1 month ago
FaceOnMars wrote:
If they are printing a very limited number and don't have a limit per person, then it's essentially a give away to the resellers as far as I'm concerned.

I agree and it angers me. I have terrible luck and have never gotten a poster after a show, even first night runs.
franklinstower
Junior Boarder

#34197 3 years, 1 month ago
Bring your own poster tube...that's what I do. It serves as my air guitar for the night as well.
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by franklinstower.
ddsstyle
Visitor

#34220 3 years, 1 month ago
franklinstower wrote:
Bring your own poster tube...that's what I do. It serves as my air guitar for the night as well.

now thats an idea
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds