• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Early Thematic Jams

#33950 3 years, 1 month ago
ColoradoRain wrote:
Awesome. Has anyone seen Furthur play any of these? I saw a tasty Spanish Jam this year at Radio City.

I was listening to that as it happened, and was very impressed. Love a really good spanish jam.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
nastero
Junior Boarder

#33960 3 years, 1 month ago
I could swear that they did an "Uncle John's Jam" as the segue between China and Rider starting sometime in '73. There is a fully realized version of that jam, at least to my ears, here.

To add to that, Bobby's rhythm work on this China->Rider is sensational and the mix is just outstanding.
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by nastero. Reason: because I really do know how to spell rhythm
ShineOn
Junior Boarder

#33972 3 years, 1 month ago
Good stuff, thanks!
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#33999 3 years, 1 month ago
I think Furthur played a Mind Left Body Jam at Shorline --- I didn't hear it just read setlist......if they didn't play the Jam they def teased it - I heard different reports.

I was at RCMH for that Spanish Jam sandwhitched between The Other One - good stuff!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#34001 3 years, 1 month ago
yes as someone mentioned the spanish jam breakout was very nice, and we got another one later in the tour i want to say in charleston

i can't comment on the MLB jam from shoreline because i wasn't there and surprisingly still have not listened to the recordings

i thought i've heard traces of a nobodys fault but mine jam, always waiting for it to officially slide out during their smokestack>spoonful bit

sometimes you can hear weir hit the china cat riff with furthur, in the beginning of IKYR when it's paired with mtn song or standalone

mountain jam?? listen to GELSTON CASTLE 2010-07-03 during ALLIGATOR...it is there! heard it again, maybe in philly on the backend of that tour?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

#34035 3 years, 1 month ago
ahhh yes, I remember seeing this on deadhook. Glad to see someone has posted it here.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#37074 3 years, 1 month ago
Bump
Time to create page: 2.25 seconds