• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

Re: The " Q " 7/28/01

#33733 3 years, 4 months ago
The only dead related show I ever walked out of. Show of the endless noodle. I should preface this by saying I had 3rd row right side & always dig tuna so I went in SUPER early on the bus & caught all of Jack & Jorma acoustic. Sweet. Then a full Willie Nelson show whom I had never seen before and really enjoyed. If memory serves me correctly this show started at 5pm or so. It was very HOT that day. Anyway by the time Philcame on 9:30 to 10 ish... I was allready wearin down... then the sleepiest noodlefest ever. Before I get bashed let me say I love a good jam. But this show had the worst setlist and longest noodling jams ever. To be clear I had seen the Hartford show with Ratdog the week before and it was one of the 2 best Phil & Friends shows I ever caught (out of about 35-40..4-15-00 being my favorite) .....setlist below but after a long setbreak an excreuciating please play a song noodlefest ....after a LONG noodlefest to open set 2 and and later a LONG Dark Star (hold the hate.. normally I woulda loved this in a different set) when Phil started ahem singing the first notes of Days Between i was outta there. Nothing was gonna save this set for me.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

Re: The " Q " 7/28/01

#33735 3 years, 4 months ago
The setlist.... is as follows... if I ever get insomnia I am going to play the above video LOL:

Set 1: Jam> Wheel> Jam> Watchtower> He's Gone Jam> Doin' That Rag, *Uncloudy Day> *GDTRFB
Set 2: Intrada Jam> Saturn Jam> Jam> Dear Mr. Fantasy> Jam> Mason's Children> Dark Star> Days Between> Dark Star> She Said> Other One> Shakedown Street
E: Passenger
*with Willie Nelson
Acoustic Hot Tuna (Jorma & Jack) opened
Willie Nelson & Family Co-headlined
Phil sat in with them for Milk Cow Blues

Oh on the plus side I LOVED the Milk Cow Blues !
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds