• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: What Book Should I read Next? What are you Reading

#33602 3 years, 3 months ago
if you dig you some thompson, check out the great shark hunt

just finished it, excellent compilation of much of his work from the early 70s but including some before and after...a lot of stuff from the mcgovern campaign---fear and loathing on the campaign trail 72

it is pure gold
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#33610 3 years, 3 months ago
I am currently re-reading The Greek Myths by Robert Graves. Love that book. For light reading I like short stories by Damon Runyon. The Maltese Falcon is another good read. Also The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, and The Silmarrilion. The Wind in the Willows is beautifully written, also.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#33704 3 years, 3 months ago
Hell yeah on the HG Wells so amazing and such great stories...Island of Doctor Moreau is incredible and so is the Invisible Man. But my all time favorite old school sci-fi writer has to be Jules Verne. A little thick sometimes but amazing stories!
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#34831 3 years, 3 months ago
Wind In The Willows, God that one was buried in the ol bank thanks man gotta give that a reread!
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#34844 3 years, 3 months ago
If you enjoy sci fi / Stephen King, his book the Stand is simply amazing. I'd recommend the re-release (a bit longer). It's the story of the Apocalypse - very well written. You can almost envision something like this really happening. The paperback is between 800 -1,000 pages, but once I start it, it's hard to put down.

And one of the main themes is about "Captain Trips" (sorry, not Jerry nor our Captain Tony)
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#34847 3 years, 3 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
If you enjoy sci fi / Stephen King, his book the Stand is simply amazing. I'd recommend the re-release (a bit longer). It's the story of the Apocalypse - very well written. You can almost envision something like this really happening. The paperback is between 800 -1,000 pages, but once I start it, it's hard to put down.

And one of the main themes is about "Captain Trips" (sorry, not Jerry nor our Captain Tony)

Couldn't agree more! One of the BEST books ever written, by any author!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor, captaintony
Roadtripper
Junior Boarder
Deadicated shamanic dreamer

#35539 3 years, 3 months ago
If you are interested in expanding your consciousness and advancing your awareness check out "Sky Above Earth Below" - spiritual practices in nature by John Milton He is my teacher my mentor and a pioneer of the environmental movement and Green Peace.
The turmoil of today has caused me to reevaluate my values .I dont want to be a part of the collective nightmare in mainstream society. I want to be with people that embrace my dreams and offer me hope. And believe in a world where all living beings live in peace love and harmony. Thank you Furthur Family.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
bokb
Senior Boarder
Be, okay? Be.

#35559 3 years, 3 months ago
PRONOIA is the antidote for paranoia by Rob Brezney

A Be Here Now for the 21st century, in my opinion.

His name may sound familiar because he writes a syndicated astrology column carried by most free weekly papers.
If unable to dance, I'll crawl.
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

#35598 3 years, 3 months ago
I'm reading FDR by Jean Edward Smith. Pretty amazing president.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#35612 3 years, 3 months ago
bitzer- When you are finished, check out anything on Harry S Truman.

Amazing story of a man who never wanted to be prez. Really a funny story read up on him and his great story. It will make more sense after just reading the FDR bio
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds