• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
PanamaRed812
Fresh Boarder

Red rocks virgin needs advice

#33037 3 years, 3 months ago
Hey brothers and sisters,
My wife and I got tix for all three nights.while I have seen the Dead 6 times back in the nineties, never have seen Furthur live. So, first Furthur, first Red Rocks.
Any advice about camping and, or the venue would be greatly appreciated.

Love and light,
Red
Rat in a drainditch, dogs in a pile,
Nothin left to do but smile, smile, smile.
skyties
Junior Boarder

Re: Red rocks virgin needs advice

#33086 3 years, 3 months ago
Just remember this..."The higher you get, the higher you get." There is plenty of camping and cabins to rent. Back in the 80's they would bust people there for pot smoking. I don't think that is the case anymore.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PanamaRed812
milesgone
Junior Boarder
All the milesgone behind me to see shows

#33110 3 years, 3 months ago
Chief Hosa Campground if its still there.. right down the highway from red rox. very close...

and.. seats.. get below half way if you can.. the wind likes to blow the sound away.. true.

have fun!
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#33111 3 years, 3 months ago
be sure to check out the Fort Collins area when your near there as well. The New Belgium Brewery is there and offers tours and great beer or check out the O'Dell which is even to tastier to some!
mstrpce420
Fresh Boarder

#33112 3 years, 3 months ago
They dont allow camping at Chief Hosa on show dates anymore. They had too many problems. Ditto being in the lower half. Sound up front is in your face! Towards the top the winds can make the sound swirly.
PanamaRed812
Fresh Boarder

#33213 3 years, 3 months ago
Thanks so much. think I have camping squared away. and we are reserved on the last 2 nights. 27th row and 30th row respectively. so we only have to run our asses off on Friday.....I am so excited. People keep telling me it is as close to the old days with Jerry as they have gotten thus far. I have downloaded a few and am impressed with what the boys are doing.

Just so you know I will be the larger than average fellow with the summer tour 94 shirt and the big red beard giving free hugs and good energy work to all. come give me a squeeze.

Light and Love,
Red
Rat in a drainditch, dogs in a pile,
Nothin left to do but smile, smile, smile.
gratefulade
Junior Boarder

#33739 3 years, 3 months ago
Get there early and bring your walking shoes. Last year we were late on Sunday and had to walk an unbelievable distance. And even if you are early, the hills and steps make for some strenuous walking.
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Listen To The Flower People

#33750 3 years, 3 months ago
gratefulade wrote:
Get there early and bring your walking shoes. Last year we were late on Sunday and had to walk an unbelievable distance. And even if you are early, the hills and steps make for some strenuous walking.

I just learned last year (after like 50 shows there) that there's a free shuttle from the visitors center which brings you all the way to the top entrance. I like to walk the whole area, but it came in handy when I was running a bit late and knew the top entrance was going to be a less crowded getting in.

Yeah, you can pretty much fire up green in front of security and they won't bother you ... but they will ask you to not smoke cigs. Yet strangely enough, getting into the venue is more on the the rubber glove treatment end of the spectrum.
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds