• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
OpenMike
Fresh Boarder

Happy Friday--Loser

#33015 3 years, 3 months ago
Phil almost got Loser going in Fairfax VA on the Spring Tour, and started the da-da-da-dah-dah-dah-dah, but I think it went into Candyman instead. Could have worked; all tunes in that first set had wine or whiskey--it was St. Patrick's day. But, I dug out my sheet music tonight and jumped around a bit on my piano. The song is pure genius. I am have been in and out of China Doll and Help on the Way over the last few months, but it's time to get up in the morning and go.

Don't you push me baby 'cause I'm moanin' low...Gonna get up in the morning and go.

I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines. Come to daddy on an inside straight. Well I've got no chance of losing this time.
Cause it's a place you've never been
Maybe a place you've never seen now
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

Re: Happy Friday--Loser

#33067 3 years, 3 months ago
loser is one of the great garcia-hunter songs that I heard performed live many times by the GD but never truly appreciated the song until after Jerry died.

Check out Bobby's Version from 7/12/98, this is the one that sank the hooks in, after hearing it , the song became a favorite
12/29/77 is another great one with a loud, sparkling jerry solo and great vocal accompaniment from bobby and donna
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds