• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Umberto
Fresh Boarder

Monterey Shows. What's the skinny?

#32911 3 years, 3 months ago
Anyone know the event capacity for the Monterey Fairgrounds? Looks like they have an event space that maxes out at 5,500 or so. Is that where the shows are gonna be? This could sell out quick. Tough to find details on this show. Anyone in the know? What about onsite camping? Is that a possibility?
taper.tsquare
Visitor

Re: Monterey Shows. What's the skinny?

#32914 3 years, 3 months ago
Monterey_2011-06-10.jpg

here is some info from the web site and a pic...

About The Monterey County Fairgrounds
The Fairgrounds are nestled on 22 oak-studded acres located in the city and county of Monterey. The Fairgrounds consists of eight buildings of varying sizes, two outdoor music arenas and a horse show arena.

The Fairgrounds is host to two outdoor arena's. The larger arena comfortably seats 5,850 and our other arena seats 2,000. Our larger arena is home to:
Monterey Jazz Festival, four major Horse Shows, Fair Headline Acts, and many more events.

The Fairgrounds has seven buildings available to rent for special events. The buildings range from 400 to 7,100 square feet and can accommodate 20 to 1,000 people. The Turf Club is decked in oak and brass with a huge stone fireplace and an open patio with heaters.

The Satellite Horse Racing Facility is active year-round. It offers "at track" odds and payouts from Golden Gates Fields, Santa Anita, Del Mar, Cal Expo and Woodbine.

...i'd venture to guess that the show will be in the larger arena (pictured), which is still a small-meduim sized outdoor venue. and as far i know, it will be all general admission.

not sure about "camping" per se, but there seems to be an area for RVs. whether they let you stay over night is another issue.
i ended up getting a very reasonably priced hotel room within steps of the fair grounds, so i'm pretty happy about that.
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by .
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#32915 3 years, 3 months ago
i wonder if they are going to allow taping in the seats or if they will create an area for tapers? based on the setup in the pic there is no obvious location to tape.
Umberto
Fresh Boarder

#32916 3 years, 3 months ago
Thanks! That's a start for sure. Looking like I will only make the Saturday show. Best be looking for hotels too.
jaybee
Fresh Boarder

#32966 3 years, 3 months ago
I got my tix today. Everything is general admission. I'd be suprised if there are chairs out on the field for the Furthur shows. At around 5,800 peeps in a sweet place very close to the ocean and at a beautiful time of the year, I'm sure these will be sweet shows. Besides, there are about a million hotel/motel and campsites around there. It will be nice to get out of the bay area for a change!
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#32974 3 years, 3 months ago
i heard these shows were goin include camping but that could have just meant that there was camping close by, not that they were goin to allow overnight parkin/campn in the lots. i would expect an opener for these shows.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#33040 3 years, 3 months ago
illuminaughty wrote:
i heard these shows were goin include camping but that could have just meant that there was camping close by, not that they were goin to allow overnight parkin/campn in the lots. i would expect an opener for these shows.

an opener? that would be interesting. any specific possibilities that you have heard about?
sfwharfratluke
Junior Boarder

#33100 3 years, 3 months ago
it looks like they'll have an open field / floor with no seats. plenty of dancing room and plenty of room for tapers.
the seats shown in the pic are simple folding chairs.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#33130 3 years, 3 months ago
sfwharfratluke wrote:
it looks like they'll have an open field / floor with no seats. plenty of dancing room and plenty of room for tapers.
the seats shown in the pic are simple folding chairs.

i like that plan. thanks for the info.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#33163 3 years, 3 months ago
there will definitely be no chairs, dust and dirt GA floor down there...

really excited to cap the tour here, will probably hang out for a while afterward, no rush to get back east
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds