• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
bokb
Senior Boarder
Be, okay? Be.

In Praise of You & Me

#32910 3 years, 2 months ago
In reference to the TRIstudios experience:

The videos they've been posting are truly mind-blowing; the sound and video just phenomenal. And the videos of the Furthur webcast that have been cropping up (I had schedule-conflicts) show how it's more than just watching a video. The camerawork and overall production is obviously done with love and intelligence (i.e. a nice, long close-up of Jeff's fingers during a solo instead of a long shot of Bobby's face while Jeff's going nuts. It seems less like being with the band and more like being in the band!

That said, you folks cannot be duplicated. I feed off the crowd almost as much as the band. When the band hits those peaks, and a few thousand people all hear it and feel it at the same time, and that roar nearly overpowers the music, and the goosebumps rise, and the heads are bouncin' and the fists are pumpin' and the whistling and screaming and it makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up........

Yeah.....
If unable to dance, I'll crawl.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: In Praise of You & Me

#32924 3 years, 2 months ago
nice but in all truth i cant stand those loud piercing whistling people,showing your approval is fine but dont hurt my ears
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
bokb
Senior Boarder
Be, okay? Be.

#32931 3 years, 2 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
nice but in all truth i cant stand those loud piercing whistling people,showing your approval is fine but dont hurt my ears

I'm hip. I had an audience recording from, I don't know where, but there was somebody whistling in rhythm to half the tunes (not whistling the tunes, mind you, just the rhythms). Yeah, I'm extremely non-violent, but that's just asking for a slap upside the head.

But the point is, for me, the crowd is just as much a part of the performance and experience as the band.
If unable to dance, I'll crawl.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#32934 3 years, 2 months ago
i agree with 100% and sorry to detract from your great post just felt like venting thanks
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: bokb
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds