• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
CalliopesAndClowns
Junior Boarder
Bobby fans are people too!!!

Re: Young Furthur Fans

#4646 3 years, 5 months ago
Deadhead4Obama wrote:
I'm 24, and graduated last spring with a BS in psychology. Currently working as a TSS in the Pittsburgh area. And as much as I hate to admit it, most of the cynsism (sp?) is correct about the young Furthur fans. Most aren't really 'Deadheads' and are just into the partying. Perhaps since they've actualyl taken the time to sign up for these boards and engage in intellectual discussion, there is potential for them.

For the most part I would say this is true. I don't know how you feel about it but I can usually pick out the people there just to party and take no interest in helping shape the show with a response to the music. Each person is entitled to experience it in their own way but I get frustrated with the amount of younger people coming out to cop and THEN score a miracle or cheap ticket off a kind soul with no real gratitude or understanding of what just took place.

I never had the chance to see Jerry, or Brent, or Keith or even Pig so I have no real way of connecting to what was except for older Heads, and they don't seem to enjoy all the antics the younger crowd brings.

I promise - a lot of us LOVE the music and are there to be a part of the magic several others have mentioned!!! I feel an immense amount of gratitude every time I've been privileged enough to see Bobby, Phil, Billly (and yes, even Mickey) walk out and play for us.
This afternoon, streets turned grey and I watched the cars below
My time coming any day, don't worry 'bout me, no
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds