• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
phishie
Fresh Boarder

Re: Young Furthur Fans

#3440 3 years, 4 months ago
GratefulDeadhead wrote:
27, My reasons for never goin to the philzone was the horrible early 90s layout n look. The site needs major upgrading its just a pile. So I hang at the ratdog.org forum, not because I like phil or bobby better its more of the site layout for me.

Now we got this site and hopefully there won't be a philzone crew vs ratdog cew that'd be ridiculous.

Basically, IMO it would seem our generation is more tech savvy than most older heads and at least for me philzones webpage was just too damn annoying. But I can see how older heads might like it, as it never really changed much through the years, thus makin it easier for them. That's why I'd guess there were we're young people at philzone.

At least that's why I was never there.

So the fact that I get a headeer error message every time this board loads makes it savy somehow? hmmmmm. Stupid is as stupid does is what my momma used to say, and making assumptions sounds awfully stupid to me.
quinfolk
Fresh Boarder

#3453 3 years, 4 months ago
>>it would seem our generation is more tech savvy than most older heads

or at least more into style over substance...
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Listen To The Flower People

#3457 3 years, 4 months ago
GratefulDeadhead wrote:
27, My reasons for never goin to the philzone was the horrible early 90s layout n look. The site needs major upgrading its just a pile. So I hang at the ratdog.org forum, not because I like phil or bobby better its more of the site layout for me.

Now we got this site and hopefully there won't be a philzone crew vs ratdog cew that'd be ridiculous.

Basically, IMO it would seem our generation is more tech savvy than most older heads and at least for me philzones webpage was just too damn annoying. But I can see how older heads might like it, as it never really changed much through the years, thus makin it easier for them. That's why I'd guess there were we're young people at philzone.

At least that's why I was never there.

... interface isn't everything!

http://www.hunterarchive.com/
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#3491 3 years, 4 months ago
I'm 24, and graduated last spring with a BS in psychology. Currently working as a TSS in the Pittsburgh area. And as much as I hate to admit it, most of the cynsism (sp?) is correct about the young Furthur fans. Most aren't really 'Deadheads' and are just into the partying. Perhaps since they've actualyl taken the time to sign up for these boards and engage in intellectual discussion, there is potential for them.

And to chime in on the Philzone discussion... I've just never liked the 'vibe' there. Too clique-ish maybe, too... juvinile and whiny? I dunno. Just never felt the need to post and discuss there like I do with Ratdog.org and here. Maybe it is the layout, I'll have to revist the Zone and find out.
SmilinBill
Junior Boarder

#3723 3 years, 4 months ago
is it just me or is everyone under 200 who posted their tech savvy outlooks from PA?
Docpaleo
Junior Boarder
Peace, love & light

#3734 3 years, 4 months ago
You kids are soooo cute!

Thanks for making me laugh this morning!

peace

whitey-x & evie moonflower

silly3girls.jpg
quomaya2
Junior Boarder

#3831 3 years, 4 months ago
16 year old fan here, been seeing shows since winter 09
vegeta_ban
Junior Boarder

#3836 3 years, 4 months ago
EasyWind wrote:
vegeta_ban wrote:
I'm 22, but i've been going to shows since 7/7/89, about 6 months old. i've been taping for 5~6 years now, Dad's been taping since the arly 80's.

I've listened a couple of your recordings, most recently was March 18th, Tower Theatre. I lurk around otherones and I'm pretty sure I found them there. Thank you so much! I can only make the Sunday show in Upper Darby so it was great to give them a listen.

always glad to hear people listen to em
"There's a dragon with matches that's loose on the town - Takes a whole pail of water just to cool him down"
Robert Hunter

"Entropy is the most powerful force of nature"
Bob Weir 2010-02-15
Loonyj
Junior Boarder

#4297 3 years, 4 months ago
It does at that!
My favorite show, is the next one!
www.phumes.com
dagan
Junior Boarder

#4305 3 years, 4 months ago
Yep! almost 21 here. I got to see Jerry when he was still around a few times. I'm one of the very few my age who can say that.
Time to create page: 0.69 seconds