• Topics not covered in other forums.
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

Grateful Dead Meet Up At The Movies 2014

#325305 4 months, 1 week ago
Grateful Dead Meet Up At The Movies 2014:

www.amctheatres.com/movies/grateful-dead-meet-up-2014

Synopsis

NCM Fathom and Rhino Entertainment are excited to present the Grateful Dead Meet Up 2014. A complete live studio performance of the Grateful Dead captured during their legendary European tour in 1972 with audio remastered from the original analog tapes! Never officially released and never before seen in its entirety, the Berlin Beat Club studio performance features the classic 1972 lineup, and captures the Dead in their prime, playing at the height of the powers and tearing through a condensed version of a typical Europe \'72 concert, with stand-out versions of set staples like “Bertha,” “Sugaree,” and \"Playing In The Band\" (two versions!) and a classic \"Truckin\'>Drums>Other One.\". This performance features one of the last known video captures of Ron “Pigpen” McKernan, a founding member of the Grateful Dead who died shortly thereafter. Pigpen was legendary for his blues influence on the Bands many hits. The night will also include a behind the scenes exclusive of the making of Spring 1990: The Other One featuring interviews with Grateful Dead guitarist Bob Weir, mastering engineer Jeffrey Norman and other Dead World luminaries.

Running Time 1 hr 40 min

Release Date July 17, 2014
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Equinox, SunshineSue, 23atwell, Island Head, Griff, HogBackHead, Emvibe67
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

Re: Grateful Dead Meet Up At The Movies 2014

#325322 4 months, 1 week ago
I am fired up to see new footage of 4/21/72!

And in the last part of that paragraph I don't think they are talking about the first Spring 1990 box set or the documentary The Other One: The Long, Strange Trip of Bob Weir. Rather, I think a clue for the new CD box set is there; Spring 1990: The Other One sounds like the name for an upcoming sequel box set from March-April 1990 (which I am guessing would include 3/14/90, 3/18/90, 3/21/90, 3/25/90, 3/29/90 and 4/1/90).
Last Edit: 4 months, 1 week ago by Gordon the Drummer.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#325324 4 months, 1 week ago
The two of these I've gone to have been a lot of fun, I'm putting this one on the calendar right now!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon the Drummer
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#325330 4 months, 1 week ago
And the info has now been removed from that page

That was quick. I think we just saw behind the curtain: 4/21/72 in theaters, and another Spring 1990 box, coming soon!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox, SunshineSue
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#325339 4 months, 1 week ago
I love these movie nights. Haven't missed a single one.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon the Drummer
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#325352 4 months, 1 week ago
I posted a few existing 4/21/72 clips over on this stray thread:

furthur.net/forum/general-discussion/325...p-at-the-movies-2014

Pretty neat. The band seems enthusiastic and playful here. . .
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#328771 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Grateful Dead Meet Up At The Movies 2014 info is up:

www.fathomevents.com/event/grateful-dead...p-at-the-movies-2014
Last Edit: 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Gordon the Drummer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#328772 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Just got the dead.net email alert:

Say "Guten Abend" to your Grateful Dead friends and family at our 4th annual Grateful Dead Meet-Up at the Movies! This year's epic one-night event will feature a complete rare live studio performance of the Dead captured during their legendary European tour in 1972 with audio remastered from the original analog tapes. Never officially released and never before seen in its entirety, the Bremen, West Germany's Beat Club TV program studio performance features the classic 1972 lineup - the last known video of Pigpen, and captures the Dead in their prime, playing at the height of their powers and tearing through a condensed version of a typical Europe '72 concert. This very special night will offer a unique view of the band, allowing fans in cinemas to hear fly-on-the-wall chatter and get up-close and personal with band members in one of their most intimate studio performances ever. We have no plans to release this concert on DVD or home video of any kind, so don't miss out on what could be your only chance to see it!

"Grateful Dead Meet-Up at the Movies: Beat Club 4/21/72" will only be playing on the silver screen for one night! Come out and connect with Dead Heads in your neighborhood on July 17 at 7:30pm local time.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Gordon the Drummer
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#328777 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Its ridiculous, STUPID really, that they are never going to ever release this on DVD, etc. Are they not in the business of making money? Why is everything so limited these days? I mean, I will try to go see it but still. Same way with the Alpine show they had a couple years back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HogBackHead
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#328779 3 months, 3 weeks ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
Its ridiculous, STUPID really, that they are never going to ever release this on DVD, etc. Are they not in the business of making money? Why is everything so limited these days? I mean, I will try to go see it but still. Same way with the Alpine show they had a couple years back.

I guess one could always sneak a video camera into the theater and record it and release it to the masses.

Hmmm.....
Takin' it in stride!
Last Edit: 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Strider1.
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds