• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
DrippingColors
Senior Boarder

53 + 8

#325266 4 months ago
it's my 53 + 8 day. Most of you know what that means. I've thought about this day for almost twenty years. I got up early. Worked in the studio. Did some yard work when the warm weather beckoned. Went to the store. Ate some leftovers. I savored every minute of every activity. Thought about all the shows I'm going to see this year. And the places I will travel. And the local festival I went to last weekend, where I danced to free music on familiar wood brick streets. Took the pup on a long walk through the neighborhood, under the canopy of blossoming trees. Had dinner with my wife. Listening to a baseball game. It's an impossibly beautiful evening in Cleveland, OH. It's my 53 + 8 day and tomorrow I will see 53 + 9. And I'll remember that being a deadhead on the road in America in 2014 is the greatest feeling on earth. Peace, friends.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, dr bakes, the highway terror, Equinox, SunshineSue
Chester
More or less in line

Re: 53 + 8

#325275 4 months ago
Yeah, I paid close attention to that day. And I thought about it a lot. Glad you're here Mike.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrippingColors
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#325292 4 months ago
It took me a minute to understand what you meant, I've never really thought of that as it related to my own age and survival. Then I realized that I just passed my 53+8 a week ago today. Wow, that does make one pause to reflect, doesn't it? No matter how often I question it, it's definitely still very good to be around, and I'm glad you are, too, DC!! May we all reach 53+8, and then keep counting for a long time to come!!

((((((JERRY))))))
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#325299 4 months ago
ok, i don't have a clue. Can someone fill me in.
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#325300 4 months ago
ohhh, i get it now.
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds