• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

Re: Screw The habs!!!!!

#325165 4 months, 2 weeks ago
Wasn't much beer consumed pregame. I'm just a dummy when it comes to taking pics with my phone and posting them.
I'm not liking what I'm seeing after 2 periods. Maybe a quick power play goal at the start of the 3rd is what the dr ordered.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#325172 4 months, 2 weeks ago
Rangers got their act together after a shaky start. Nothing fancy, just solid fundamentally sound hockey. Now up 2 to 0 in the series, the next problem is that the Rangers now have to play the next two games at Madison Square Garden. Unlike Jerry Bob and Phil, the Rangers seem to play better on the road. When the Rangers went down 3 games to 1 (at MSG) against Pittsburg, despite it being their fifth game in seven nights, people were booing this Ranger team. The Rangers have not lost since that game. They are now on a five game winning streak, with four of those wins coming on the road. If the Rangers plan on heading to the Stanley cup finals, hopefully they can muster a win or two at the Garden. Things are looking good for the American team, though with the topsy-turvy nature of this years playoffs, being overconfident is the last thing that needs to happen. If he continues playing at the level he is playing, IMHO Henrik Lundqvist should be invited to play with the 2015 Dead. Uh, he might want to call in sick for the show in Montreal.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#325196 4 months, 2 weeks ago
nycdave wrote:
Rangers got their act together after a shaky start. Nothing fancy, just solid fundamentally sound hockey. Now up 2 to 0 in the series, the next problem is that the Rangers now have to play the next two games at Madison Square Garden. Unlike Jerry Bob and Phil, the Rangers seem to play better on the road. When the Rangers went down 3 games to 1 (at MSG) against Pittsburg, despite it being their fifth game in seven nights, people were booing this Ranger team. The Rangers have not lost since that game. They are now on a five game winning streak, with four of those wins coming on the road. If the Rangers plan on heading to the Stanley cup finals, hopefully they can muster a win or two at the Garden. Things are looking good for the American team, though with the topsy-turvy nature of this years playoffs, being overconfident is the last thing that needs to happen. If he continues playing at the level he is playing, IMHO Henrik Lundqvist should be invited to play with the 2015 Dead. Uh, he might want to call in sick for the show in Montreal.

This is why NY fans are great. Lovem hatem is the motto. David, The broadway blueshirts are hot. And Henrik will party all night long with these wins. When a team gets on a roll they win. Even if they get out played. The puck bounces their way. A skate deflects a stick falls and hits the puck etc etc. Ive seen it year after year. Canadians appear out of gas and its driving me nuts that my Black and Gold lost to them.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#326591 4 months ago
o-MONTREAL-CANADIENS-NHL-PLAYOFFS-2013-900_zpsdd870549.jpg
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#330240 3 months, 2 weeks ago
After reading a bunch of posts on this thread, and recently having watched the movie Pompeii, I say enough of these professional sports franchises and all the hoopla. I say bring back Roman style gladiator competition. You can root all you want for Cazookus from Crete or Armandellio from Sicily, as long as they're winning. But once one of them has been defeated you pick a new one. Simple as that. Plus you don't have to worry about lousy calls from the officials, no fouls or off sides, none of that nonsense.
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds