• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

Re: Screw The habs!!!!!

#324837 4 months, 1 week ago
Bona79 wrote:
OK kids, the hockey thing is much like the Dead thing - you either get it or you don't. Hockey fans, much like Dead fans, sometimes take it a little too seriously and don't quite understand why the outside world isn't quite as enlightened.
What we have here is a subset - hockey/dead fans. Which narrows the field to a select few. Again, you either get it or you don't. For my money, hockey is the best sport that there is, but what do I know, I'm a Sabre fan. I guess the ultimate would be to see the Sabres hoist Lord Stanley's Cup while the PA is blasting I Need a Miracle.
Oh, and as a Sabre fan, never a bad thing to see the Bruins go down. Good luck to Les Habs and all his teammates.

Geez, will you stop complaining about Brett Hull's toe!!! It's been 15 years.

Just kidding.....

This year was the first time since 1993 that the Habs swept a series. Last time was against the Sabres. And we went on to win the cup after beating a team from New York in the 3rd Round (Islanders). It's all falling into place......
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#324847 4 months, 1 week ago
jaredlang wrote:
Bona79 wrote:
OK kids, the hockey thing is much like the Dead thing - you either get it or you don't. Hockey fans, much like Dead fans, sometimes take it a little too seriously and don't quite understand why the outside world isn't quite as enlightened.
What we have here is a subset - hockey/dead fans. Which narrows the field to a select few. Again, you either get it or you don't. For my money, hockey is the best sport that there is, but what do I know, I'm a Sabre fan. I guess the ultimate would be to see the Sabres hoist Lord Stanley's Cup while the PA is blasting I Need a Miracle.
Oh, and as a Sabre fan, never a bad thing to see the Bruins go down. Good luck to Les Habs and all his teammates.

Geez, will you stop complaining about Brett Hull's toe!!! It's been 15 years.

Just kidding.....

This year was the first time since 1993 that the Habs swept a series. Last time was against the Sabres. And we went on to win the cup after beating a team from New York in the 3rd Round (Islanders). It's all falling into place......

I will be sick. And will have to listen to my friends who are big habs fans all off season breakign my balls.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#324848 4 months, 1 week ago
Dont worry the Western Conference will pulverize anyone from the East anyway.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: gvanman, newyawker
newyawker
Platinum Boarder

#324849 4 months, 1 week ago
Denver Man wrote:

Funny DM Funny..... My wife already has her blackhawk jersey hanging in the living room.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
Bona79
Junior Boarder

#324851 4 months, 1 week ago
I'll go for Chicago too, with Buffalo native Patrick Kane leading the way.
And yes, I'm still bitter about Brett Hull being in the crease....and Norwood's wide right.....and the Braves leaving town....and Bob Lanier's knee injury keeping St. Bonaventure from a national championship.....but hey, Ratdog is coming our way, along with Dark Star to the Rochester Party in the Park this summer, even the JGB in Franklinville, so it isn't all bad...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, newyawker
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#324858 4 months, 1 week ago
Newyawker - the Ducks and Kings are pretty damn good too!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: newyawker
newyawker
Platinum Boarder

#324900 4 months, 1 week ago
Denver Man wrote:
Newyawker - the Ducks and Kings are pretty damn good too!

That they are DM. I actually like the way both teams play. Yet The Blackhawks are a clutch team. I guess I am rooting for the rangers anyway. I think my money will be on Quick and the Kings. They thrive under pressure.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#325000 4 months ago
Well that wasn't a very good game 1.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#325002 4 months ago
Uh I was ok with game one. I'm not deluding myself. The rest of this series is not going to be like this. Did the Candiens put all their energy into beating Boston? The Rangers had a poor record when playing the Habs in Montreal but all of that is now water under the bridge. It's amazing what one victory will do. Game two (Monday night) will be a big deal for the Habs. The pressure will be on.
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#325047 4 months ago
Denver Man wrote:

There r people & teams west of Chicago that play Hockey? Roller hockey I get. But ice hockey? Seriously?
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds