• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Screw The habs!!!!!

#324802 5 months, 1 week ago
Healthy, unhealthy .. wtf are guys talking about?? Everyone is a doctor or psychologist, good grief.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: newyawker
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#324804 5 months, 1 week ago
Healthy - Rooting for a team that wins more games than they lose. This is especially true in a playoff situation.
Unhealthy - Telling the heat that you like music (or anything else) better when u puff and who cares about laws that ban smoking indoors.
Hopefully that clears up any confusion. Considering changing my moniker to Dr. Feelgood, though that may mean that I owe Aretha something. Since someone we know (who shall remain nameless) has tickets for game 5, it's cool if the Rangers lose one game b4 that.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#324808 5 months, 1 week ago
Yes clear as mud thank you dr feelgood

I am being sarcastic and sorry I forgot that is frowned on here too.

Thanks nycdave for keeping the mood light in the neighborhood.

Now if this unnamed person happens to be you who has tickets to game 5 have a ton of fun at the game!!

Have a grateful weekend!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#324809 5 months, 1 week ago
Denver Man wrote:
Yes clear as mud thank you dr feelgood

I am being sarcastic and sorry I forgot that is frowned on here too.

Thanks nycdave for keeping the mood light in the neighborhood.

Now if this unnamed person happens to be you who has tickets to game 5 have a ton of fun at the game!!

Have a grateful weekend!

Mark, I am totally blown away at some reactions to my rant. Sheeeesh!!!!!!!! Glad you found humor and knew my intention. I am now done explaining myself. Thats anothe shortfall of mine. If I say anything that pisses anyone off, I may or may not apologize. And if I do it will be something to the effect of, 'I am sorry for how YOU took it'. This takes the responsibility away from me and on the hearer. Since I meant n harm or malice...
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#324813 5 months, 1 week ago
nycdave wrote:
Since someone we know (who shall remain nameless) has tickets for game 5, it's cool if the Rangers lose one game b4 that.

If anyone else has tickets to game 5 I will gladly meet you beforehand for a beer and some chicken wings.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#324814 5 months, 1 week ago
Denver Man wrote:
It is not quite that simple Dave. I mean I agree with you that dealing with your emotions is a good thing, I need help with that all the time. (I admit it!) Some people wear their emotions on their sleeves, I dont think that makes them assholes. If you are a season ticket holder for a team then you have a lot invested in them. Naturally it is really easy to get too wrapped up in their success and failures. I understand that the casual sport fan would not get that. Just like casual music fans do not understand why someone would drop thousands of dollars to follow a band around the country.

I agree. If I'm not getting emotional about a game that my team is playing, it's just not as much fun!! Now, admittedly, needing 24 hours to recover from a major Michigan loss might be a tad excessive in any objective opinion, but it's worth it when the euphoria of a win stays with you for at least twice that long!

And now I know where "Habs" comes from, I'd been meaning to ask that. Thanks for the scoop, Jared! Good luck to all the teams left. You'll all fall to the Wings next year!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#324817 5 months, 1 week ago
It's always better to be at a game (even in nosebleed seats) then watch at home. When I was young an uncle took me to see a Rangers Canadians playoff game. I was taken by the passion that fans expressed and the way they expressed that passion. I secretly thought that (someone else) tossing an egg on the ice after a Canadian goal was like so cool. My only excuse is that I was young. Have fun at the game jaredlang. No sweeps for either team.
At the risk of being too analytical, as someone who reacted to Newyawkers rant uh, I was kind of having fun with it. It's all good. Some in hockey land think that fights and dirty play generate fan interest. Jared has even expressed appreciation for our in house rumble, noting that now most everyone in FFF-land is taking an interest in the Canadien's quest for the Stanley Cup. Think of all the topics covered here. Honest reactions vs sportsmanship. Internet etiquette. Arm chair analysis. The lineup for Dead-50. Wait that's a different thread. Now I'm the one that's confused.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#324826 5 months, 1 week ago
All I wanna know is what's a Hab ?
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#324833 5 months, 1 week ago
For the Highway Terror:
jaredlang wrote:
Ossumpei wrote:
What's a hab?

Short for 'Les Habitants'

Habitants were French settlers and the inhabitants of French origin who farmed the land along the two shores of the St. Lawrence Gulf and River in what is the present-day Province of Quebec in Canada.

I never knew why they were nicknamed Les Habitants, but that name stuck.

Bona79
Senior Boarder

#324835 5 months, 1 week ago
OK kids, the hockey thing is much like the Dead thing - you either get it or you don't. Hockey fans, much like Dead fans, sometimes take it a little too seriously and don't quite understand why the outside world isn't quite as enlightened.
What we have here is a subset - hockey/dead fans. Which narrows the field to a select few. Again, you either get it or you don't. For my money, hockey is the best sport that there is, but what do I know, I'm a Sabre fan. I guess the ultimate would be to see the Sabres hoist Lord Stanley's Cup while the PA is blasting I Need a Miracle.
Oh, and as a Sabre fan, never a bad thing to see the Bruins go down. Good luck to Les Habs and all his teammates.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jaredlang, newyawker
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds