• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Re: Screw The habs!!!!!

#324754 4 months ago
Hey guys, dont try to over think my rant. Ans shrink me. My goodness strider and Dave. I do not like to lose. I invest an enormous amount of energy in the bruins. I have nothing personal against brother Jared. It does not affect my life to the point where anyone has to worry that I am some raving lunatic. I grew up with a family and friends that are at each others throats in any competition. 2 ants on a picnic table draws bets. And whent I tell jared and his habs to go Fvck themselves, I do it with a smile and a beer. Thats how I act. Its part of my fabric. I meant no malice. But I do want to be clear, when my team loses a big game, I get pissed. I hate losing. I root for a dirty team in the Bruins. I like that. I loved when thronton sprayed Subban with water. I like when Chara and Looch instigate a fight. Thats my team. And they did nothing of the sort this series save 2 games.

My wife will attest to this 100%. We used to play scrabble when we met 20 years ago. After she beat me 8 out of 10, I threw the tiles in the kitchen and said, "How can you beat me at this game, I am so much smarter than you." We used to play darts. She began to beat me. I broke the darts in half and threw them away. Needless to say we dont play scrabble nor darts any more!!!!!!!!

So was I serious? Yes in a bawdy Newyawker way. But I would love to have a beer with Jared and watch him laugh at me while I bitch and moan and tell him to go eff off!!!!! Dave you especilally should know this being a brother newyawker. Go eff yourself is a figure of speech.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave, Strider1
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#324758 4 months ago
"apology" accepted.

I think your obsessions are slightly unhealthy.
I'm a sports fan, but don't live and die by my team. In the grand scheme of things, there so many things that are more important. Like my 13th row Ratdog tix for NH.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ossumpei, nycdave, newyawker, Strider1
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#324759 4 months ago
As a fellow New Yorker I understand, but... People are different. Some people like fighting with friends and family, do not feel comfortable without it. IMHO newyawker meant no harm with his derogatory and obscene taunting (ok that may be a bit overdramatic). There is nothing wrong with wearing your heart on your sleeve. On the other hand telling people to f off, even in jest...
Let me try a different approach. Players, coaches and others also have a lot vested in this game. In the NHL after a series is over players line up and shake their opponent's hand. Though a losing coach congratulates the winning team and wishes them well, he doesn't really mean it. It's the right thing to do.
Next issue. This business of living vicariously thru sports teams successes and failures. I thinks it's much healthier to let my emotions swing based on whether Phil & friends are playing well, but what do I know.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder

#324761 4 months ago
jaredlang wrote:
"apology" accepted.

I think your obsessions are slightly unhealthy.
I'm a sports fan, but don't live and die by my team. In the grand scheme of things, there so many things that are more important. Like my 13th row Ratdog tix for NH.

I wasnt apologizing!!!!! lol Jared. take what I say with a grain of salt man. This obsession I have with the B's never interferes with anything. I have a history of this fight with friends at home. I hope Subban gets knocked out early.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder

#324766 4 months ago
nycdave wrote:
As a fellow New Yorker I understand, but... People are different. Some people like fighting with friends and family, do not feel comfortable without it. IMHO newyawker meant no harm with his derogatory and obscene taunting (ok that may be a bit overdramatic). There is nothing wrong with wearing your heart on your sleeve. On the other hand telling people to f off, even in jest...
Let me try a different approach. Players, coaches and others also have a lot vested in this game. In the NHL after a series is over players line up and shake their opponent's hand. Though a losing coach congratulates the winning team and wishes them well, he doesn't really mean it. It's the right thing to do.
Next issue. This business of living vicariously thru sports teams successes and failures. I thinks it's much healthier to let my emotions swing based on whether Phil & friends are playing well, but what do I know.

i agree people are different David. But we a remain the same. I did not mean any harm. It was trash talking to the max. I could never understand the 'faked good game handshake'. Id prefer my adversary to not even come near me if I beat him. I prefer true colors and not some charade. Plus I only react this way if my team is close to winning it all. i do not react during any regular season like this. 2011 was a banner year for my gloating with the Bruins. And I have been shortchanged the last 2 years. last year me and my buddy who is a big Bruins fan burned a Blackhawks Jersey in effigy while listening to Spac 83. It was awesome. 2011 was my first cup since 72. And every week for a year straight till season 2012, I mailed a copy of the box score from the first round that year to my Canadian fan friend. I know he is planning some way to pay me back and am waiting every day.
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#324768 4 months ago
NHL Playoffs: Bruins Milan Lucic tells Canadiens Dale Weise "I'm going to f'in kill you next year" on handshake line
Boston forward disrespects the post-series handshake line, hurls expletive after Bruins are eliminated from Stanley Cup Playoffs

The NHL tradition of the post-series handshake is universally lauded for its sportsmanship and gentlemanly nature. Boston Bruins forward and well-known agitator Milan Lucic went another direction with it on Wednesday night. After Montreal dropped the Bruins 3-1 in Game 7, both teams lined up at center ice. Things were going smoothly until Lucic decided to get in the face of Canadiens forward Dale Weise. After the game, Lucic claimed that his words were said "on the ice, so it'll stay on the ice," then said if Weise "wants to be a baby about it, he can make it public." Weise and his Canadiens of course have the last laugh, moving on to face the Rangers in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals on Saturday.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#324771 4 months ago
One thing that makes this playoff run extra special, even if the Habs go down in 4 to the Rangers, at least we managed to get a thread going on this board with 3 pages, 26 replies and 164 views about Nos Glorieux!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: newyawker
newyawker
Platinum Boarder

#324774 4 months ago
jaredlang wrote:
One thing that makes this playoff run extra special, even if the Habs go down in 4 to the Rangers, at least we managed to get a thread going on this board with 3 pages, 26 replies and 164 views about Nos Glorieux!!!

Jared. the frogs are hot man. I am rooting for the Rangers, but the way price is playing, I think Chicago is the only team that can beat them now.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#324778 4 months ago
I know your a good guy, but some people might find the term "frogs" offensive. Almost like calling PK the N word. Not sure it really applies anyways, since I can count on one hand the amount of French guys on the Habs ( not including the coaches and GM).
The following user(s) said Thank You: newyawker
newyawker
Platinum Boarder

#324782 4 months ago
jaredlang wrote:
I know your a good guy, but some people might find the term "frogs" offensive. Almost like calling PK the N word. Not sure it really applies anyways, since I can count on one hand the amount of French guys on the Habs ( not including the coaches and GM).

True very true. Again it just rolls off. Did not know it was that bad because I call my uncle that who lives in Vancouver. I had no idea it had any racial connotation. Thought it was short for Frozen Frog. I usually call him Angie anyway.

Yet, my point being, I think you have a good shot this year. Price is unpenetrable.
Last Edit: 4 months ago by newyawker.
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds