• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

Screw The habs!!!!!

#324680 5 months, 1 week ago
\"Eff You \" Jared. I cannot for the life of me figure out how the B\\\'s lost their mojo for this series. Its as if they just didnt show up. Rask looked like he was playing his first game. Charra was carrying a piano on his back. The first line sucked. I am soo pissed off. BTW I a NOT a gracious loser and will not congratulate you or the Habs one bit. A shortfall of mine is that when I win, I gloat and when I lose I am not gracious. I am SICK of rooting for losers!!!!! Yanks, Jets, Bruins, Celtics. My wife couldnt even stand being in the house with me last night or this morning. I have such a long history of hating the Habs I cannot begin to explain how many joys they have ruined for me. Carey price has now become my Lex Luther and i will reach down as deep into my dark bowels to hope the Rangers destroy the prick. WTF outshot like 30 to 15 at the end and not one could get through him. After losing to the Blackhawks last year and now this, I am beside myself. Bruins were pussys this whole series except for 2 games. Not one roughing penalty made me realize they were not mean enough. Not one cheap glove to subbans face. Not one \\\'accidental\\\' slamming of price into the pipes. I mean cmon!!!!!! My dirty bruins looked like a bunch of wooses walking a straight line.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Screw The habs!!!!!

#324687 5 months, 1 week ago
Sounds like my house

I must say I do not feel too bad for Boston as that city has won enough championships lately
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#324694 5 months, 1 week ago
When its not my team, I can laugh, even though I really do feel your pain!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cub
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#324695 5 months, 1 week ago
Not being a huge sports fan myself, I am always amazed at how emotional some people get over "their" teams.
Should you really let other people's actions affect your emotional state so easily?

Do you think that their actions give you an excuse to act like an asshole? Regardless of whether they win or lose, some fans act as much like an asshole when their team wins as when their team loses.

Just my 2 cents. YMMV.
Takin' it in stride!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#324697 5 months, 1 week ago
Geez the way I took is it that he was just kidding... that was an emotional game.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#324698 5 months, 1 week ago
If Strider calls someone an asshole, you can bet your bottom dollar that that person is an asshole.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#324700 5 months, 1 week ago
jaredlang wrote:
If Strider calls someone an asshole, you can bet your bottom dollar that that person is an asshole.

Okay whatever.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#324702 5 months, 1 week ago
Denver Man wrote:
Geez the way I took is it that he was just kidding... that was an emotional game.

Yeah, this was just a sports rant to me, like many I've made myself, thus it gave me a chuckle! I saw nothing even remotely wrong with it.
Strider1
Platinum Boarder

#324707 5 months, 1 week ago
jaredlang wrote:

To clarify, I wasn't calling anyone in particular an asshole. I was asking the question to anyone, if they feel that it is an excuse to be an asshole, or less civil to your fellow man.

I can see how some might view it as a rant, or that he was just kidding, but that's the problem with sarcasm, it can hide, or excuse, or confuse the true feeling and intention of the what the person is trying to communicate and express.

It's even harder to distinguish sarcasm in the written word where it's difficult to convey emotion and context.

Not knowing newyawker's true intention with his post, how am I to know whether he is joking (sarcasm) or is genuinely upset and angry?

I generally don't find sarcasm to be a productive, effective way to communicate, and often times tend to polarize people, rather than to bring them together.

Just remember folks, it's sports, not war.

Takin' it in stride!
Last Edit: 5 months, 1 week ago by Strider1.
Strider1
Platinum Boarder

#324708 5 months, 1 week ago
I am now a bit curious to know if newyawker was joking or serious in his post.
Takin' it in stride!
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds