• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: New Ratdog info!!!!!

#324446 3 months, 3 weeks ago
I often enjoy the balcony more then the floor, and not just at the Cap

-there is often more room, even at sold out shows because a lot of folks sneak to the floor
-the sound is usually better
-although a little further away, your overall view of the stage is usually better
-you can see much more of the keyboardist/drummer playing... and whole band for that matter but you never see the keyboards/drums like that from the floor
-if there is a light show it's usually better up top

I tend to wonder why most people like the floor over the balcony, especially when I'm up there watching the show.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Denver Man, Ossumpei, Strider1, DrippingColors, Emvibe67
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#324496 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Is rather hear better than see better. The Fox is good size place. Anything second balcony or higher it's hard to hear. I'm a little deaf from working on the aircraft carrier. Ratdog at the Pageant was great. Both view and sound. Is prefer to sit closer at the Fox if possible but let's not forget the third dimension, price. If they go crazy on the price then it's off to the balcony. I'm hoping we're jumping the fun here and the prices will be about as expected, in the 65-70 range on the floor. It will be worth it considering the band, second show here, and hanging with FFF.

Hey MM, hope You're doing well. You know it would be great to see you. Always welcome to come chill in St. Louis if you can. Living where you do I understand there's lots of shows close by but well, you know, nice to see you anyway.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#324506 3 months, 3 weeks ago
MushroomMan wrote:
I often enjoy the balcony more then the floor, and not just at the Cap

-there is often more room, even at sold out shows because a lot of folks sneak to the floor
-the sound is usually better
-although a little further away, your overall view of the stage is usually better
-you can see much more of the keyboardist/drummer playing... and whole band for that matter but you never see the keyboards/drums like that from the floor
-if there is a light show it's usually better up top

I tend to wonder why most people like the floor over the balcony, especially when I'm up there watching the show.

The Capitol Theatre balcony is in a league of its own, you aren't far away from the stage and projections on the wall can't be seen downstairs.However when I'm on the floor close up I feel like I'm part of the show not merely watching the show.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
Last Edit: 3 months, 3 weeks ago by dr bakes.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#324509 3 months, 3 weeks ago
If you ever go to the Warfield, I would go floor before balcony for sure. For me its the sound and the energy doesnt hit me like it does on the floor. Maybe thats just me. But the Fox here in Oakland, balcony is great.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#324710 3 months, 2 weeks ago
SEE YOU AT THE OGDEN!!!!!!!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , patchmyfurthur
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#324714 3 months, 2 weeks ago
I think I'm going back to my roots with the chili and give a batch away on the lot with some rice.

People on tour almost always could stand some good nutrition.

Plus, it makes me feel good to do that.

As cornball as it may sound, it's my little way of celebrating all the good things I have in my life. There's to many to list but primarily I eat every day, have a place to stay, a sweetie that loves me, my health, friends that are important to me and make me happy, a dog that loves me even if he is not so welcoming of strangers, etc, etc. And without soundng too religious, celebrating gods bounty that I have been given. To share with a neighbor, stranger, friend. Especially Some of the folks who may not be able to afford a half decent meal. I know, I know, but thats how I feel.

So chili for everybody!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , jaredlang, Strider1
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#324715 3 months, 2 weeks ago
I sent in for the Red Rocks show FINALLY yesterday. PUMPED!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#324720 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Ossumpei wrote:
I think I'm going back to my roots with the chili and give a batch away on the lot with some rice.

People on tour almost always could stand some good nutrition.

Plus, it makes me feel good to do that.

As cornball as it may sound, it's my little way of celebrating all the good things I have in my life. There's to many to list but primarily I eat every day, have a place to stay, a sweetie that loves me, my health, friends that are important to me and make me happy, a dog that loves me even if he is not so welcoming of strangers, etc, etc. And without soundng too religious, celebrating gods bounty that I have been given. To share with a neighbor, stranger, friend. Especially Some of the folks who may not be able to afford a half decent meal. I know, I know, but thats how I feel.

So chili for everybody!!!

I'll be looking for you in the lot in NH
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#324721 3 months, 2 weeks ago
I'll be in KC, and have chili at the Fox in St. Louis.

Be nice to meet you. Had fun on the forum and all, but my bounty only allows for a couple of shows this year.
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#324722 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Nine hundred thousand tons of steel
Out of control

thank you GDTS
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds