• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: NHL 2014

#322993 4 months, 3 weeks ago
\"nycdave\" wrote:
NY Rangers are beating the Philadelphia Flyers 2-0 in the second period. This series is tied at two - two. so this is an important game. I don\'t know about all of this psycological warfare stuff but if I remember correctly whichever team puts the puck in the other teams goal more often than the other team does, wins.
It\'s why fights can change the energy of a game. Or a single big hit can act as big as a goal. Or teams have incredible periods and then come out the next period listless, as if they\'re a totally different team. Or even explosive shifts and then...poof, gone. Psychology. You\'d think it would be a less manic game, but it isn\'t because of all the psychology happening. So many small things seem to spike energy and determination. These are adult, professional athletes making a lot of money. You\'d think they could sustain their own level of play, but they\'re human. All this other shit plays into what they do and with the level of fervor they do it. It\'s why I find hockey so interesting and baffling. It\'s why I like tight games. Those tight ones are when all these fragile elements are managed to be kept at bay the most. It\'s when the psychology is contained and overcome. It\'s strength of mind more than physical strength.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds