• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

Re: phish

#32462 3 years, 3 months ago
wlewis wrote:
not getting into detail tonight will post more tomorrow but saw em tonight at darien lake---it was pretty crappy---first time i've given them a try after getting so bored last summer at a few shows....there is too much nonsensical pointless jamming---the jams go nowhere, it takes 12 minutes of aborted ventures to yield 1 1/2 minutes of killer material, makes for a rough show...maybe i caught the worst night of the tour i don't know, it just wasn't there...still say mike gordon is the driving force behind that band--props cactus you fucking tore that weekapaug groove up

how many days til bethel? well the ramble with phil on the 17th will tide me over

I call it meander jam
BigEyedPhish
Fresh Boarder

#32463 3 years, 3 months ago
milesgone wrote:
Last year. The charlotte show was great, July 3rd the next night was a snoozer, then July 4th the next night was great.
I saw only the snoozer.. Hate to spend money and get the crap show out of the three.

I Know what they are capable of, I just had the bad luck last year.

honestly, its the fans I dislike the most. not all of them.. but there are many that ruin it.. its distracting.

that being said.. I don't go to phish shows anymore due to them.

I have been seeing phish since 1991 and all the ppl at the shows today are much much younger than I am and don't know how jazzy they used to be.. Now its just Funk/Rock.

like a gerbil running in his excercise machine.
or a music box being cranked by a monkey.

If children playing all around
To you is noise not pleasant sound
And you'd be lost on the playground
Then this one is for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: MWoods
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#32498 3 years, 3 months ago
I've never felt compelled to go see phish. Probably never will.
DaysBetween
Junior Boarder

#32504 3 years, 3 months ago
A lot of my friends took to following Phish when Jerry passed, guess they needed something to do. I gave Phish a try, but while they are great musicians, they don't do much for me.
Peace,
-Steve
Let your life proceed by it's own design....
BigEyedPhish
Fresh Boarder

#32561 3 years, 3 months ago
I saw my first Furthur show this year in Binghamton

I saw my first Phish show this year at Darien Lake

Was Blown away by both..

Phish's light show is a work of art in its own self, literally mind blowing. I can see why many Phriends want Chris included in the band as a 6th member.

I was WAY more impressed with Phish's shakedown however.

Here's the show I was at last night, a cover of Good times, Bad Times, light show had my mind flogged at this point, if you don't want to watch the whole thing skip to the halfway point. You may not be a fan of Phish but if your a fan of flashing pretty lights, which I think we all are I suggest watching.

Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by BigEyedPhish. Reason: addition
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#32578 3 years, 3 months ago
my boss always plays Phish and trys busting my ass about liking the Dead and not Phish - they are good musicians but there music never did nothing for me and I think there lyrics are pretty meaningless and corny for the most part.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#32586 3 years, 3 months ago
they can play and are talented ,like zappa someone said i agree,the lyrics arent anything amazing like the dead i dont even know why people compare the two .they are completely diffrent styles of music IMO
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#32590 3 years, 3 months ago
yea but I'm actually a pretty big Zappa fan --- He's actually funny, and a great musician as well
Cornjulio
Junior Boarder

#32594 3 years, 3 months ago
I like Phish. Saw my first show in 91 at the Berkeley Square, and been seeing them since.

I enjoy them, my gf really enjoys them and her sister is off the charts with them.

I've seen then about 30 times. This weekend's Merriweather will be my shows of the year, in the pavilion.

While I'm at it, if anyone needs a room across the street at the Sheraton for Sat/Sun nights, hit me up ASAP. Got an extra room I'm about to cancel.

I'll take a $49 Southwest Special back to LI Mon morning and head to work. Should be fun. Not as amped as I am for Furthur shows, but it will be a great time.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#32647 3 years, 3 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
yea but I'm actually a pretty big Zappa fan --- He's actually funny, and a great musician as well

I saw Uncle Frank at the Events Center in Boulder on 12/6/81. One of the top five concerts I have ever seen. Then the Dead played there on 12/9/81. I did not make it to school that whole week. Such a pity how I cried.
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by strangerinboulder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds