• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Big Ralph
Junior Boarder

Re: I admit it,I miss Furthur

#322841 3 months, 1 week ago
Nitramdraddil- Thanks for making me see how fortunate we in USA.I think Phil's show should be good in London.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nitramdraddil
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#322842 3 months, 1 week ago
Phil plays London and Tokyo....but where's the Montreal love?
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#322844 3 months, 1 week ago
The japan fans have it worse that even Europe.

Have the Dead / Ratdog/ Furthur played in Canada much? I can't remember shows from there.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#322845 3 months, 1 week ago
Furthur Played one show in Ottawa in July 2010 ( I was there).
The GD last played in Hamilton in 1992
Ratdog played Toronto and Vancouver a few times.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
Nitramdraddil
Fresh Boarder

#322848 3 months, 1 week ago
Sure thing. Really looking forward to it. Phil is a huge inspiration musically and is almost Zen-like on a certain level. To me, "Box of Rain" is not only about his father dying but also about his heart's position in the universe. There is a lot of LOVE in the man.

Please Twitter DM me when one of these streams is showing. They don't always manage to get through over here, but it's always worth a try.
Roadtripper
Junior Boarder
Deadicated shamanic dreamer

#323115 3 months ago
I miss Furthur too, and was hoping a tour in 2015 but it sounding more and more like that isn't happening. It's too bad, because Furthur was able to carry the spirit and community like no other post Dead band. Maybe they will reconsider, maybe not.
The turmoil of today has caused me to reevaluate my values .I dont want to be a part of the collective nightmare in mainstream society. I want to be with people that embrace my dreams and offer me hope. And believe in a world where all living beings live in peace love and harmony. Thank you Furthur Family.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Strider1, DancingTurtle, Bacon Rocks
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#323148 3 months ago
It isn't Furthur with Billy and Mickey
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#323172 3 months ago
Nitramdraddil wrote:
I am in a much more disadvantaged position than you re live appearances. As I live in the UK. I have resigned myself to enjoying whatever I can catch of either band on the Net. Particularly love the crystal clear TRI broadcasts. I've been thinking of getting our local music pub to play one of the gigs up on a big screen like they do international football matches. Not sure enough Brits know or care about GD and it's spin-offs though to persuade the landlord that it would be financially viable. Good to see Phil will be visiting the UK in July 2014 with The Terrapin Family Band though. london.brooklynbowl.com/event/541379/

OK, all of a sudden being in the Midwest seem like I'm in the heart of the action!!

Welcome to the party, Nitramdraddil! I hope you have fun with the Family Band in July, and I hope you can join us for a stream party one of these nights. We'll be gathering in the Show Review section for all 4 of the May TXR shows, I hope you pop in and say cheerio!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ossumpei
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#323183 3 months ago
The Midwest is full with shows this summer.

I'm not going to be able to make them all.

Jackie Greene, no relation that I know of, and CRB have added shows in June or July.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#323223 3 months ago
now yall know how i felt all those years with the 'dog on the sideline.
WOOF WOOF
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds