• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

Re: Phil & Friends in Central Park

#322850 4 months, 4 weeks ago
I'll be in Central Park and probably at The Cap too.
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#323278 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Just announced, Phil and Friends are also playing Rumsey playfield in Central Park on Saturday May 31. This show is scheduled to start at 4:30 PM. This show will have the same lineup, meaning Warren, Scofield, Medeski and Joe Russo, with and interesting note in the Cap Theater announcement, stating that the lineup is subject to change. Tickets go on sale Friday at noon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox, deadegad, Strider1
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#323289 4 months, 3 weeks ago
I wonder what this means for the Capitol Theater shows. Are there going to be two in the middle of these Central Park dates?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#323297 4 months, 3 weeks ago
I'd like to make the 31st but we've got tickets for the Mets at Citizens Bank Park. Still going to be a New York afternoon. Maybe there'll be more Central Park shows throughout the summer.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#323298 4 months, 3 weeks ago
rippleish20 wrote:
I wonder what this means for the Capitol Theater shows. Are there going to be two in the middle of these Central Park dates?

If there are going to be some Cap shows I'd guess they need to announce them soon. Right now they'd have exactly a month to sell tickets.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Chester
More or less in line

#323305 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Just wondering out loud. They must have had this second show booked, but looks like they chose not to release the info,
until the first show sold out. It should be easier to sell a saturday show than a wednesday show. So that was a good move
on Shapiro's part. Make it look like he just "added" a second show, because that's what the fans wanted. Right.
So, what other shows are already booked, but not announced? I was hoping for a shot at this line-up. But it's probably
not going to happen. I will need more than one show to justify the expense and trouble of traveling. They may have some
shows booked at the Cap too. But until they release the info, I can't plan anything. Releasing one or two dates at a time,
seems to be the accepted marketing of these shows with both Phil, and Bob. But I need to plan this stuff in advance.
I'm also feeling like Shapiro has an exclusive deal with Nugs.Net, so they will probably be webcast. But we'll see.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, Strider1, DrippingColors
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#323360 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Just got an email from the Cap about Friday's onsale. It says, "Phil Lesh will be joined by the same stellar line-up." No mention of anything being "subject to change."
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Chester
More or less in line

#323511 4 months, 3 weeks ago
And, as predicted, they have now officially announced the two shows at the Capitol theater on the 29th, and 30th.
There you go. Four more nights of Phil & Friends. Of course, the two Central Park shows are sold out.
Chester
More or less in line

#323512 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Tickets on sale wednesday, 5/7, at noon. (For the Capitol Theater shows.)
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#323513 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Shapiro is quite the operative, I wonder if he played a role in Furthur playing as Furthur instead of the two band allstar jam at Lockn.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, kevin, DrippingColors
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds