• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
drpsilocybo
Junior Boarder
Trying to find a peacefull song

inspiration

#32071 3 years, 2 months ago
everyone know what I'm talking about? good.

god damnit bobby, stop doing that.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: inspiration

#32072 3 years, 2 months ago
I like how he sings it if thats what you mean...
drpsilocybo
Junior Boarder
Trying to find a peacefull song

#32076 3 years, 2 months ago
I've hated on bobby for singing black peter before, but after last night I have to take it back.

This I can't get past though. It's the best part of the song and when bobby steps up to the mic it's like letting the air out of a balloon, completely kills the energy. let John sing the whole fucking song.
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#32078 3 years, 2 months ago
drpsilocybo wrote:

C'mon. Bobby has earned the right to sing whatever he wants in Furthur. He's been involved in this for almost fifty years! I think when he takes the mike for "inspiration........." he's carrying the flag for his best friend Jerry. Please, give him a break.
Without love day to day insanity's king
Slewfoot
Junior Boarder

#32086 3 years, 2 months ago
edheadwharfrat wrote:
drpsilocybo wrote:

C'mon. Bobby has earned the right to sing whatever he wants in Furthur. He's been involved in this for almost fifty years! I think when he takes the mike for "inspiration........." he's carrying the flag for his best friend Jerry. Please, give him a break.

I see your point, don't necessarily agree, but the least he could do is put some power behind it like Jerry did. It would also be more convincing if was actually on time with the delivery. Last night was comedy. Our whole room of people burst out laughing when he miscued.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#32095 3 years, 2 months ago
I don't think he miscued, thats how he always/means to sing it - let the guy sing the way he wants - thats my opinion. he sung it the same way in Ratdog...
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#32137 3 years, 2 months ago
he's always been a little off on timing to me, but it gives his own take on a song.
bokb
Senior Boarder
Be, okay? Be.

#32172 3 years, 2 months ago
Bobby slows the songs down often, granted sometimes too much; he waits much longer between lines (Other One for example) to the point that it makes us uncomfortable; he pronounces "cicada" with a long-a, sometimes he just spits out the vocals, and sometimes he stretches them out...... All of this is to break us from OUR expectations, this is, after all, the season of "what now?"

This, along with all of the random "who takes lead vox on what," illustrates to me that Bobby and Phil are moving on; further.

Perhaps we should as well.
If unable to dance, I'll crawl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#32176 3 years, 2 months ago
I would like it any way they want to play it. I've seen Bob sing it front center a few times and its darn good. I also like any song where they do the back and forth singing. Puts a nice new spin on things. So quit ur bitching and be happy you still get to see him and Phil play lol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bokb
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#32182 3 years, 2 months ago
people who complain about weirs singing need to review some dead performances from '78 when bobby was learning to play slide guitar live on-stage.
you have no idea how excruciating weir can be when he wants to. the man is a major league prankster !
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds