• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Gr8tfulEd
Junior Boarder

Lets Go Camping at the Cuthbert Shows!!!

#32002 3 years, 3 months ago
Hey Now!

There's sort of a thread about this already, but I wanted to extend and unofficial invite to all the other heads attending the Cuthbert shows in September.

As many of you know, there is no camping at the venue, and hotel rooms are running $80 to $OMG per night, and only are few are close to the venue anyway.

But I found a campsite only 4.5 miles from the venue straight down the road. Google maps says its only a 13 minute drive! It's called Armitage County Campground (run by Lane county) and it's suppose to be really nice. It's only 3 years old. So far, for the dates in question there are only 2 sites reserved: me and another head! Let's see if we can fill this thing up with kind people!

[url=http://ecomm.lanecounty.org/Parks[/url]

On the left side of the page is the selection of campgrounds. Click on Armitage Camping to see the layout, then do the 1,2,3, on the left to see the sites available for the dates available. Be SURE to change the campground in the drop down menu to Armitage, otherwise it defaults to Richardson (ask me how I know). So far I'm in #8 and the other head (Eric) is in #12. Right now it all looks available because the Ducks are away (thank god) that weekend.

Peace!
[imap]http://ecomm.lanecounty.org/Parks/Image.aspx?Facility=13[/map]

RainIdontmind.jpg
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by Gr8tfulEd.
Gr8tfulEd
Junior Boarder

Re: Lets Go Camping at the Cuthbert Shows!!!

#32004 3 years, 3 months ago
Cuthbert 2010

TheBoysatCuthbert.jpg
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#32083 3 years, 3 months ago
I was thinking of flying to Eugene and renting a van for four days to sleep in. Much cheaper than the room, and more fun.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Irrenarzt
Junior Boarder

#32107 3 years, 3 months ago
Count me in for camping at this place. Sounds good, except for the price but hey it still beats a hotel room. May as well start it off right.

No showers though? That can't be right...
All You Need
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by Irrenarzt.
Gr8tfulEd
Junior Boarder

#32108 3 years, 3 months ago
Right On!

Did you snag site 14? Looks like that has been taken now.
thinman
Junior Boarder

#32113 3 years, 3 months ago
Camping sounds great...but I think you may be confused about hotel rooms in Eugene that weekend. There are PLENTY of rooms available within a 1/2 mile radius. The La Quinta Inn literally across the bridge from the venue had rooms for $109. I got a room at a place a few blocks away for $77 per night. Try hotels.com and look for rooms near Autzen Stadium.
Irrenarzt
Junior Boarder

#32117 3 years, 3 months ago
I just had a long talk with the people at the park service there and they said no showers at Armitage and there will be showers in the future but not by the time we will be there. She really recommends Richardson as it's cheaper, has way more spots and has showers. It's an extra 5 miles out or so but the road is fast and there is little traffic she says.

85 bucks for 3 nights there. Downside is no dog park but that's OK.
All You Need
Eric
Fresh Boarder

#32171 3 years, 3 months ago
I just like the layout of Armitage better, with the big lawn area in the center.
For showers I was planning on heading over to the Truck n Travel 3 miles north - free hot shower with a fillup! Also laundry and a 24 hour restaurant for eats after the concert.
www.truckntravel.com/
I'm also planning on spending at least one day out at Terwilliger or Belknap hot springs and getting clean there.
oregonhotsprings.immunenet.com/cougar.htm
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by Eric.
Gr8tfulEd
Junior Boarder

#32237 3 years, 3 months ago
Irrenarzt wrote:
I just had a long talk with the people at the park service there and they said no showers at Armitage and there will be showers in the future but not by the time we will be there. She really recommends Richardson as it's cheaper, has way more spots and has showers. It's an extra 5 miles out or so but the road is fast and there is little traffic she says.

85 bucks for 3 nights there. Downside is no dog park but that's OK.

Richardson's nice too. And both camp grounds are better and less expensive than a motel. In fact, I booked a site there first, but switched to Armitage because it's closer. For me, after a long night of drinking and dancing, I don't much feel like driving. Plus, I'm driving a 38 year old bus with close to 500,000 miles on the body and god-only-knows on the engine. Every mile counts! Last year after the first show, I spent an hour in the parking lot trying to get my tail lights working. So I figure I'll sponge bathe it each morning, and if it rains like it did last year, getting wet is going to be the least of the worries! Besides, if there are as many wookies in the lot this year as there was last year, you're going to be smelling like a rose!

Peace.
dythal
Fresh Boarder

#34997 3 years, 3 months ago
I going with my son for the three day run. i would like to camp near the venue, I am not familiar with the area though. Any sugestions? I saw a reference to Armitage, I'm going to check it out.
The course of love must follow blind, without a look behind
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds