• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

.Grateful Dead 10-30-80 RCMH NYC .

#319681 3 months, 3 weeks ago

What a show this is. With Billy Cobham on drums for a few songs. One of the greatest drummers just jammin out. Check out Drumz!!!!!!!! I met Billy Cobham once and asked him what it was like to play with the Dead and Bob solo. He smiled an extremely large toothy grin and said \"Mind Numbing\'\'. One of the fondest memories he will have for ever
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
The following user(s) said Thank You: the highway terror, SunshineSue, 23atwell, pink11
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: .Grateful Dead 10-30-80 RCMH NYC .

#319683 3 months, 3 weeks ago
This is a fabulous show, a real classic! I love all the acoustic, and the Sailor>Saint is a great set closer. I also agree with you about how great Billy is; he actually played our drum set at a workshop and autographed the bass drum head when our buddy bought the set afterwards. I sure would have loved to have been at this whole RCMH run in person!!
newyawker
Platinum Boarder

#319686 3 months, 3 weeks ago
SunshineSue wrote:
This is a fabulous show, a real classic! I love all the acoustic, and the Sailor>Saint is a great set closer. I also agree with you about how great Billy is; he actually played our drum set at a workshop and autographed the bass drum head when our buddy bought the set afterwards. I sure would have loved to have been at this whole RCMH run in person!!

Sue, I caught Bobby and the Midnites with him in 84 for a couple of shows. Always Loved BC on drums. One of my all time favorites. And to just walk on stage for this show is a tip of the hat by the band to a true musical genious. WHat a powerful drumz/Other one. Wow. Explosive

Also, look at the fun Kreutzman is having. I miss Billy tons.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#319691 3 months, 3 weeks ago
NY did you just post that vote to headyversion?
newyawker
Platinum Boarder

#319747 3 months, 3 weeks ago
patchmyfurthur wrote:
NY did you just post that vote to headyversion?

Yes, that was me. Never heard it before. It is very very hot.
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#319748 3 months, 3 weeks ago
RCMH & The Warfield would make great box sets for Dead.net to release. They would rival Europe 72 Complete. I believe, however, that they do not have most of the tapes. Bummer. Serious bummer.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#319750 3 months, 3 weeks ago
What a great video! It sure would be nice to have that on dvd with a greater quality of sound and video. The opening of a show especially with shakedown always sends chills down my back. I wish we could get in the Grateful Dead Time Machine and enjoy that one live. Thanks NY
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Time to create page: 0.71 seconds