Senior Boarder

Re: TRI CRASHED?

#31840 2 years, 10 months ago
Ahhh, back in! Missed the first 45 minutes though
GratefulDeadhead
Junior Boarder

#31841 2 years, 10 months ago
i dunno if it crashed but i started the process at 5:34 and the site was SOOOO slow that i missed the first 3 songs, im real angry bout that, i think that i should get some sort of discount...or something.

i mean the site was soooo slow, to login it too 5 min to load to the next page and then when i went to order the site said it was too busy and i had to reload twice. and then i finally got it ordered and got to the stream and then i had to refresh that too..and ended up missing two songs...so basically it too me almost an HOUR. if id known it was gonna be this slow i woulda started at 4pm

its just bullshit, especially since we're paying good money for a webcast...all other webcasts you can at least watch them on an archive (like moogis, if you paid for it you can watch it later at any given time) same with itunes)

but now i see why they dont do that, they dont have the bandwidth. but they really should.

sorry im just real angry that i missed 3 songs, and it was because of the slowness of the site not because i decided to come in late.
deadahead
Junior Boarder
Music & Politics Don't Mix

#31846 2 years, 10 months ago
GratefulDeadhead, I hear you. Listen, this is the beginning for TRI. They did a free test run and it went fine. Today they billed Furthur and started charging -- good, they need the revenue. But Furthur draws a mighty crowd when accessible via the comfort of the living room My best guess, based on experience in this area, is that the demand was so high that they had infrastructure resource issues/shortages -- bandwidth, memory, server optimization issues, etc. They will see how it goes tonight and make the necessary adjustments. If they perform too badly on serving you tonight's content, chances are they will give you a free coupon or discounts for other shows streamed from TRI - that's the norm. iClips had to learn the hard way in terms of learning the tricks of providing smooth content to tons of folks all at once - hopefully TRI's learning curve is more direct and to the point. In summary, it's just growing pains. And they need the feedback about TRI's streaming performance, be it good or bad - so they can react accordingly.
"The Grateful Dead," Jerry Garcia explained, "don't really take positions; we're musicians, not politicians."
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#31865 2 years, 10 months ago
It will be interesting to see the numbers from this show.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

#31899 2 years, 10 months ago
Yeah well it was an experiment all right! we had a few glitches and i hope they fix that- music was great but they all seam a little stiff to me! ours went down 2x for us and quite a few times it was "buffering"....
they were right in my living room - too cool!
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#31922 2 years, 10 months ago
A fast internet connection, no problems at all. The Ipad>TV thing worked out GREAT.
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
terrapin_blue
Junior Boarder

#31926 2 years, 10 months ago
Ours was perfectly fine for 95% of the show. Buffered a few times, then got real bad during black peter. Overall though it was awesome, and since we split it 6 or 7 ways over here it was way cheap.

Great quality and sound. Sorry for those that it didn't work for, the test SHOULD have shown that it was gonna have troubles, and trying to start at 6:45 was crazy for those that did.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#31934 2 years, 10 months ago
it was perfect for me until The Other One when it went black and said suttin like "could not connect......" ..... but anywy I'm tripping face and i knew i had to refresh the page and couldnt figure out how to close the full screen.... i was right clicking and not seeing an option then I hit 'escape' and that worked.

after The Other One the stream was blurry n stuff...... it would be blurry and then keep fixing itself.......a few times I had those green stripe things on my screen (thought it was just me the first time)

Triday was absolutley perfect for me..... how do I check if I have the latest abdobe player or whatever it is installed?

It wasn't that bad but it was noticable (the blurryness)
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds