• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Phil and Friends being streamed

#318278 5 months, 2 weeks ago
I just noticed Zman is streaming Robert Randolph at the Brooklyn Bowl tonight. Perhaps he's in town for more shows this week??
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#318284 5 months, 2 weeks ago
I'm in for the package. Definitely won't be around for the 4/12 (we've got tix to see Al Stewart) but it's still a good deal. And I may still be able to watch the show after the fact.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Chester
More or less in line

#318286 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Al Stewart! Nice. Man I live in a podunk town.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#318289 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Chester wrote:
Al Stewart! Nice. Man I live in a podunk town.

He tours a lot. You may well get your chance. He's great live.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#318309 5 months, 2 weeks ago
I will probably stream the Thursday and Friday after shows - Twiddle and Cabinet. It depends on how packed Garcias is and whether I can get a good network connection...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox, GratefulRose
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#318311 5 months, 2 weeks ago
I've seen it done with Phish many times in the past, but I don't have the software/app/technical proficiency to execute it.

One can pay for the stream, then screen capture it in real time and broadcast it on Ustream.

That way many of us can enjoy it for only one admission price, just as if we were all at one person's house watching it together.

The most important part of this is to not publicly disclose the Ustream link, otherwise Shapiro/Phil/ or some disgruntled fan who doesn't think it's fair, will notify Ustream and have it shut down. One can even password protect the stream so only those that were directly invited could watch it.

If someone here does have the ability to do this then we could each Paypal them a couple of bucks, which would spread the costs of the stream out over those that are enjoying it, and each of us would pay a lot less than if each of us bought the stream separately.

So, I'll be waiting, and hoping, for a PM from someone who decides to do this.
Takin' it in stride!
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
GratefulRose
Gold Boarder
I'm still walkin' so I'm sure that I can dance

#318321 5 months, 2 weeks ago
I'm still not sure what I'm going to do either. I guess I'll see what my options are later this afternoon. I can't just sit on my couch tonight knowing there's grate music streaming live available to me and not listen! Money is tight right now and I'm still hoping for a Ratdog West coast tour announcement. I am glad to hear they made a cheaper alternative for the streams though.
stricken
Gold Boarder

#318325 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Im sorry but i think thats a bit much for a stream and to have to buy all of them for a deal is sorta like a slap in the face to all that cant afford it.
Greed will sink this ship and one can only hope sharpiro goes down with it.
So if you remember all the money he donated to fix up the community well guess who is paying for it?
Guess im gonna have to show everyone how to get in free.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin, Strider1
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#318326 5 months, 2 weeks ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
newyawker wrote:
I think a lot of it has to do with Jills influence.
That's quite an accusation. Maybe you've heard more about Jill than I have. I've heard grumblings about her and Kimock, but really not much else. Care to share your knowledge?

ZM, I am using a combination of logical reason and listening well to a person who knows more than I will ever know. I did not intend my comment to be malicious in any way. Just sick and tired of the $$$$$ that is attached to everything Phil does these days. Phil is a hardass who has had issues with a few others including Kimock, Parrish and Ramrod and Kadlecik and Mickey. I love the guy tremendously. He is an inspiration. But combining his attitude and Jills 'managerial' skills is not a good combination. I am sure it will change for the better.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#318356 5 months, 2 weeks ago
image_2014-04-02.jpg

Taperrob is here and set up
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, Strider1
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds