• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Phil and Friends being streamed

#318155 3 months, 3 weeks ago
I can't justify it, any way I look at it. I'll stick with what I said. I may get one night from each run.
Otherwise, I'm counting on someone to stream. Recordings are nice, but mp3's aren't my thing.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HogBackHead
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#318158 3 months, 3 weeks ago
They're NY area show. You have to figure somebody will be streaming. (He said hopefully!)
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue
Emvibe67
Senior Boarder

#318175 3 months, 3 weeks ago
I'm gonna take my 20 bucks and go down to the bar where the local band is playing for $5 and have a merry ol time! But seriously if I really wanted to see these Phil shows I'd go out to NY. I love you Phil but it seems like more and more $$$ is involved and wanted......I'm still awaiting on those occasionally free webcast from TXR! I gotta save my $ for the Dead 50th's because who knows how much that is all gonna cost!!!
Fly on these wings of love!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, nycdave, newyawker, Strider1, HogBackHead
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#318195 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Emvibe67 wrote:
I'm gonna take my 20 bucks and go down to the bar where the local band is playing for $5 and have a merry ol time! But seriously if I really wanted to see these Phil shows I'd go out to NY. I love you Phil but it seems like more and more $$$ is involved and wanted......I'm still awaiting on those occasionally free webcast from TXR! I gotta save my $ for the Dead 50th's because who knows how much that is all gonna cost!!!

Good call Em. I agree with you. This is the necessary consequence of TXR. Be careful what you wish for. Phil is asking for 'C-notes' for everything he is involved with. I know this horse is dead, but cannot figure it out for the life of me. Thats a lot of cash for a webcast.

ps: I am asking everyone to not respond with the cost benefit bullshit on this topic. That is not the point
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#318197 3 months, 3 weeks ago
This is ridiculous. $230 for streams and MP3s of all 8 shows. I recall paying nothing for the same just last month. I think Phil made a big mistake on this deal with the guy who says he "knows this crowd. They can't get enough".
The following user(s) said Thank You: newyawker
HogBackHead
Junior Boarder

#318199 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Yea, I'd rather pay some hungry local musicians who will bring it for the money as opposed to paying Phil and Friends for the upkeep on their high tech studios. No thanks. Phil, we love you man but you gotta just chill out the rest of your life. It's been a fun run ut this is no way to end it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, newyawker
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#318200 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Owsley Stanley: As soon as it started being as much money as a movie, the whole character of the thing changed. Instead of people just having a good time and dancing and everything, they stood around mesmerized, staring at the stage as if they were going to miss a stroke of the guitar player's pick or something. It became like watching a movie. Eventually they even started sitting down and staring at 'em. Before, it was just this incredible crazy wonderful experience. It was money that buggered it up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, kevin, newyawker, HogBackHead
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#318204 3 months, 3 weeks ago
L A M E.

You can catch DSO LIVE for $20.

Now I know what it looks like after one sells their soul to the devil.

Oh wait a minute I was not going to post anymore negative comments about Shapiro, sorry my bad.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#318206 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Denver Man wrote:
L A M E.

You can catch DSO LIVE for $20.

Now I know what it looks like after one sells their soul to the devil.

Oh wait a minute I was not going to post anymore negative comments about Shapiro, sorry my bad.

Mark, how was DSO when you just saw them?

And YES it is not even close. I wish someone would just call him on the crap. I may have to be the one. Ive argued about this since the TXR shows were gertting 100 bucks a pop. Are you kidding me Phil and Jill. Too much money........... I am out. Ill take DSO for 1 3rd of the money any day of the week and leave filled
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Last Edit: 3 months, 3 weeks ago by newyawker.
Chester
More or less in line

#318208 3 months, 3 weeks ago
I'd really like to think maybe Shapiro reads some of the stuff being posted on message boards, and FaceBook about this.
It does appear that it's not being well received in the community. And ideally, he should be interested in that.
But I doubt it.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pink11
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds