• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Phil and Friends being streamed

#318136 6 months, 3 weeks ago
TWENTY BUCKS A WEBCAST????? You have got to be freaking kidding me!!!
I don't know, maybe I'm just spoiled. A couple of years ago I would have jumped at the chance to pay $20 to have Phil in my living room in high def. But now, after all the money I've paid for TXR webcasts, at a much lower price, that seems pretty freaking steep, unless there's a big, big price break for buying more than one show. I don't know. Maybe if it was Warren or Scofield with him it might be more tempting. Or bring back Furthur, and I'll pay twenty a show gladly!! But this feels a little like a gouge, though maybe I'll be more amenable to it as the days go by and the shows get closer. I sure hope this doesn't mean that they crack down on audio streaming!

((((((TAPER ROB))))))
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#318137 6 months, 3 weeks ago
It's not much of a price break for the packages: $64.99 for the HD webcast 4-pack. If you want the MP3's along with the 4 webcasts it's $114.99. I know that's a lot less than a trip to New York, but it's still a lot of money, especially if you want to get both weekends.
Chester
More or less in line

#318138 6 months, 3 weeks ago
It seems there's a large majority that feel the same way. It's just too much. I wish they'd reconsider the price.

But if Taper Rob's there, I'm going with him. (((Faith in the Stream)))
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#318140 6 months, 3 weeks ago
The nugs.net streams are much better quality than the TXR streams, with many cameras and are seemingly more reliable. And they are the same price for PHISH and other bands they stream. To some degree, you get what you pay for and, as we noted, TXR streams have had various issues in the past.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox, splatter_face, pink11
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#318144 6 months, 3 weeks ago
Jeremy AKA website1 said he wont be streaming if the venue is offering one...
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#318148 6 months, 3 weeks ago
The packages do seem a little more reasonable. My problem is I don't know if I'll even be around for all four nights of either run. The deals with the mp3s are steep I'll agree, but Phil hasn't offered any professional audio from his shows in years. I'll definitely have to think about it.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#318150 6 months, 3 weeks ago
rippleish20 wrote:
The nugs.net streams are much better quality than the TXR streams, with many cameras and are seemingly more reliable. And they are the same price for PHISH and other bands they stream. To some degree, you get what you pay for and, as we noted, TXR streams have had various issues in the past.

It's good to know they have a track record with other webcasts. I suppose I can't argue that these line-ups are worth any less than Phish, though I doubt I'll buy any, unless I get maybe one night of the first run if there aren't any audio streams.
Last Edit: 6 months, 3 weeks ago by SunshineSue.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#318151 6 months, 3 weeks ago
he's gotta try to make up for the ridiculously priced tickets that wont sell somehow...
pink11
Platinum Boarder

#318152 6 months, 3 weeks ago
Yeah, seemed a little steep at first, but 4 nights at 50.00 is 12.50 a night, only 5 bucks more than Phil. I guess it adds up but still a nice feeling to know all shows will be streamed and coming right up soon!
Neat too that 8 nts was same as gd 71 cap run. I had a tape from one or two of those. they were soooo good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#318154 6 months, 3 weeks ago
pink11 wrote:
Yeah, seemed a little steep at first, but 4 nights at 50.00 is 12.50 a night, only 5 bucks more than Phil. I guess it adds up but still a nice feeling to know all shows will be streamed and coming right up soon!
Neat too that 8 nts was same as gd 71 cap run. I had a tape from one or two of those. they were soooo good.

Actually, I believe the officially released Three From the Vault is from that '71 run. Very curious to see what that Bill Evans sounds like.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: pink11
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds