• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
TylerTerrapinCurtis
Junior Boarder
Tyler Curtis

To Replace MSG...

#3167 3 years, 6 months ago
Since MSG is being renovated... If y'all are planning on heading back to the NYC area, why not come to the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ? Its a nicer area of Newark, near Newark Penn Station, thus accesible via transit, the arena is very new, and brings in acts like MSG does i.e Lady Gaga, etc.

PLEASE consider it! Would be STELLAR!

~ Tyler
Buy the ticket, take the ride..."
ShakedownBlog.com
PennsylvaniaPete
Junior Boarder

Re: To Replace MSG...

#3172 3 years, 6 months ago
Better then the Meadowlands of the god-forsaken Nassau.
The Deadheads gather at the rim of the volcano to dance and sing joyful songs in honor of their fallen hero.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#3178 3 years, 6 months ago
how big is the place ?
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
reb
Visitor

#3184 3 years, 6 months ago
-
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by .
TylerTerrapinCurtis
Junior Boarder
Tyler Curtis

#3252 3 years, 6 months ago
reb wrote:
New Jersey Performing Arts Center/NJPAC-Prudential Hall
1 Center Street
Newark NJ 07102
Phone: 888-466-5722
Capacity: 2868, 511, 250

The New Jersey Performing Arts Center held its world premiere on October 18, 1997. Since that time, more than 3.5 million people have visited NJPAC to see the world's greatest performers and New Jersey's top talent.

Prudential Hall has been praised as "one of the world's great concert halls"

Nice venue, I saw ratdog there and the sound was good. There are rugs are the floor.

I personally would like to see the band anywhere but the Hammerstein on 34th nyc.

I am actually talking about the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ not the njPAC. But the njPAC would work too!
The Prudential Center is a hockey arena:
Capacity - 17,625 for hockey and 18,500 for basketball
Buy the ticket, take the ride..."
ShakedownBlog.com
PennsylvaniaPete
Junior Boarder

#3268 3 years, 6 months ago
I hope they stay away from Nassau. Back in the day, it was one of the two most hated Grateful Dead venues along with the Capitol Center.

Loads of security, and the place was run down in the early 90s!
The Deadheads gather at the rim of the volcano to dance and sing joyful songs in honor of their fallen hero.
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

#3466 3 years, 6 months ago
wow pete i am surprised to hear that- we've always enjoyed it there (except the walk from the show to the train!!) we were there in 09 i think it was further but it could've been other ones- anyway the scene was way chill and the cops riding around on the horses were very nice - lets just say i was unaware that they were comming up behind me and was having a good time and when i turned around to see them--uh oh!! anywhere else i would have been assuming the position and getting my butt hauled off to jail!!! i was so Grateful!!!!!!!!!!!!
the show really rocked and all was good--we went to MSG the next night- now that scene was a downer and if we didn't have a hotel room across the street to party in -that show would have been just average--although the sound of all singing uncle johns in perfect time was amazing and just thinking of it gives me chills!

"Test me test me, why don't u arrest me!?"
sam2448
Junior Boarder

#3508 3 years, 6 months ago
newark sucks, i hope they don't replace nyc shows with newark. it's a bitch to get to from nyc too. i'd rather see them go back to coney island personally, though that had some travel issues too...
PennsylvaniaPete
Junior Boarder

#3652 3 years, 6 months ago
sam2448 wrote:
newark sucks, i hope they don't replace nyc shows with newark. it's a bitch to get to from nyc too. i'd rather see them go back to coney island personally, though that had some travel issues too...

Newark is one stop on the Northeast Corridor Line from Penn Station. And about half an hour on Path, which runs 24/7
PennsylvaniaPete
Junior Boarder

#3654 3 years, 6 months ago
irishqueenie wrote:
wow pete i am surprised to hear that- we've always enjoyed it there (except the walk from the show to the train!!) we were there in 09 i think it was further but it could've been other ones- anyway the scene was way chill and the cops riding around on the horses were very nice - lets just say i was unaware that they were comming up behind me and was having a good time and when i turned around to see them--uh oh!! anywhere else i would have been assuming the position and getting my butt hauled off to jail!!! i was so Grateful!!!!!!!!!!!!
the show really rocked and all was good--we went to MSG the next night- now that scene was a downer and if we didn't have a hotel room across the street to party in -that show would have been just average--although the sound of all singing uncle johns in perfect time was amazing and just thinking of it gives me chills!

"Test me test me, why don't u arrest me!?"

Perhaps it changed. As I said I was last there in 1994, 17 years ago.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds