• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

Re: Furthur Scene is TRASH

#32379 3 years, 3 months ago
This scene is evolving around hearts of gold.

Every human is imperfect.

What are you doing to improve life on this planet, great or small?

These are good people here!

Open your heart and embrace the beauty.

SadPhil, I feel sad that you don't see that...
The following user(s) said Thank You: bokb, DeadHead420
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#32429 3 years, 3 months ago
captaintony wrote:
got me thinking, the music should come first. Lately, it hasn't. I've kinda fallen off the wagon and it's just an excuse to go get f-ed up for me. Don't know why I'm admitting this, but I guess it burns on your soul when you know what you're doing has nothing to do with why you got involved with the music in the first place. I attend shows regularly, haven't been able to travel like I want to but I've still seen some damn good shows. It's easy for me to get caught up in the scene cause you know I sometimes feel like a kid in a candystore and this is my playground, but personally, I need to slow down or I'll end up in the same mess I was years ago and it wasn't good for anyone involved.

written without editing it so I don't know if it made any sense

I hope you figure out, for your own sake that the music is what's most important. I like to have a few drinks, a little smoke, but nothing that interferes with the music... so I hope you can put aside the candy store aspect of the scene... good luck.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#32434 3 years, 3 months ago
some stuff helps you get into the music more then you could imagine - like mushies and MDA but..... to go just looking to get high and party isn't what its all about IMO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#32451 3 years, 3 months ago
i find this thread pretty interesting now that i'm an "old timer". after 17 years away from the scene i caught my first furthur shows at shoreline. a lot has changed, but a lot is still the same. on the whole i came away felling that the scene is still healthy and vibrant. i met a lot of cool folks, made a lot of new friends, and am looking forward to seeing more shows in moderation. it's really what you make of it... you don't have to love everything (there will always be good and bad elements), but there is still a lot to like.

...and as for Phil, he seems to be quite happy and having a lot of fun. same for Bob. the band sounds great and the setlists are off the hook.

no need to spend any energy worrying about the haters and nay-sayers. they've always been there and they always will... focus on the positive, as there is much about which to enjoy and be happy.
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by .
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#32467 3 years, 3 months ago
lostsailor wrote:
captaintony wrote:
got me thinking, the music should come first. Lately, it hasn't. I've kinda fallen off the wagon and it's just an excuse to go get f-ed up for me. Don't know why I'm admitting this, but I guess it burns on your soul when you know what you're doing has nothing to do with why you got involved with the music in the first place. I attend shows regularly, haven't been able to travel like I want to but I've still seen some damn good shows. It's easy for me to get caught up in the scene cause you know I sometimes feel like a kid in a candystore and this is my playground, but personally, I need to slow down or I'll end up in the same mess I was years ago and it wasn't good for anyone involved.

written without editing it so I don't know if it made any sense

I hope you figure out, for your own sake that the music is what's most important. I like to have a few drinks, a little smoke, but nothing that interferes with the music... so I hope you can put aside the candy store aspect of the scene... good luck.

I think as I'm getting older I like to prove I can still party with the best of em, when in reality it could and will destroy me.
Got too much lose now. I got a family, decent job, house, I can name all kinds of reasons I shouldn't slip back into the scene where I once was. Not sure why it's any different now. I think it has alot to do with losing a close friend of mine a few years back and every now and then the demons like to grab hold of me and shake me for a minute or two.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#32479 3 years, 3 months ago
hang tough captain i go to shows and dont do shit and still have a great time
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaintony
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#32480 3 years, 3 months ago
I like to have my cake and eat it too! That's right, I like the best of both worlds. They only time I get to let loose is when im at shows. When its over, its over. Then back to the real world. It doesn't carry over for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaintony
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#32483 3 years, 3 months ago
neverstop66 wrote:
I like to have my cake and eat it too! That's right, I like the best of both worlds. They only time I get to let loose is when im at shows. When its over, its over. Then back to the real world. It doesn't carry over for me.

I'm slowly getting your karma back up. It takes awhile don't it?
The following user(s) said Thank You: neverstop66
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#32493 3 years, 3 months ago
Regarding the 'Furthur Scene', what happened to the Shoreline parking lot?? The police presence was obnoxious .. out of hand .. ridiculous .. I always regarded Shoreline parking lot as the best of any where I have been .. so that part was a disappointment after a long road trip out to Mnt View ... Can't wait for Red Rocks
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#32495 3 years, 3 months ago
captaintony wrote:
neverstop66 wrote:

I'm slowly getting your karma back up. It takes awhile don't it?

It took me like four or five days to get you to zero? Some days I could do it like 4 times, others only 3. Time to reset the clocks now that the argueing seems to be over lol. Thanks.
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds