• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

Re: Furthur Scene is TRASH

#31745 3 years, 4 months ago
No, I think you old farts just aren't hip to today's slang. Trash is good. Like bad is good, and phat and sick.

The Furthur scene is trash, man! Can you diggit? I knew that you could ; )
The following user(s) said Thank You: bokb, nastero
bokb
Senior Boarder
Be, okay? Be.

#31760 3 years, 4 months ago
LOL

"Dude! They totally TRASHED that "Deal" at Shoreline!"
If unable to dance, I'll crawl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terrapin Sedation
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#31763 3 years, 4 months ago
TRASH , what a harsh statement. The shows Ive been to everything and every one was AWESOME. But I guess I see the Honey and Not shit. If that makes any sense.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bokb
terrapin_blue
Junior Boarder

#31783 3 years, 4 months ago
neverstop66 wrote:
Hey, you know what bothers me. Those thieves that walk around right after everyone has left the venue looking to grab whatever anyone has dropped. Anyone else ever see these people? I hate the rat race after the show and I usually get a cd of the show so we sit around inside until they ask us to leave (they always do that) and theres always these wook types on the prowl. Its really sleazy what they are doing. I'd like to think the cleanup crew would hand stuff in to lost and found.

Hey, I'm that person all spun out looking on the ground for a bag or pin or something. If I find something like a jacket or glasses I will give them to a security guard/lost and found but it isn't a crime to grab a patch someone dropped, at least it found a good home.

I love the furthur scene. Here in colorado we are pretty good about cleaning the grounds, I see people picking up trash(and helped), putting out community trash bags and such. Also, the mix of people is wonderful. The tour kids seem much more open to new/young I heads in the furthur crowd (more then the dead or ratdog). I can party with everyone from 15-75 years old and love every second of it. Haven't been to east coast, but the scene in Colorado/San Fran is pretty wonderful in my opinion. All ages, all races, all types (clean or dirty, first timers or long time tourheads), all havin' a real good time and minglin'.
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by terrapin_blue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, DeadHead420, mddichard07
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#31795 3 years, 4 months ago
Hmmm, that type of behavior is dicey at best inside the venue. And they are frantic about it too because apparently there is a mooch of wooks doing the same thing and you have to get it before someone else does . And im not talking about helping clean up the grounds afterwards. I agree with everything else you said however.
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

#31811 3 years, 4 months ago
what do you mean why do they follow the band if they cant go into all the shows? its because thats there passion just like yours and anyone else who follows the boys except that they dont have the funds that some of us do to travel and also be inside every show. I mean the grateful dead has always had tons of people outside the show who couldnt get in. if you dont get in you shakedown on shakedown street outside with all the other kids who wernt fortunte to get in.

so should everyone who doesnt hve a ticket to the show just not show up?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muddy Das
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#31815 3 years, 4 months ago
Smiley from Texas wrote:
what do you mean why do they follow the band if they cant go into all the shows? its because thats there passion just like yours and anyone else who follows the boys except that they dont have the funds that some of us do to travel and also be inside every show. I mean the grateful dead has always had tons of people outside the show who couldnt get in. if you dont get in you shakedown on shakedown street outside with all the other kids who wernt fortunte to get in.

so should everyone who doesnt hve a ticket to the show just not show up?

you seem like a good dude, but there are some differing opinions here. To answer your question, if you don't have any intention of getting a ticket don't show up. These are the types that were ruining the scene in the 90's. The band has asked on many occasions that if you don't have a ticket don't show up. I will tell you that when I started seeing the dead, I feel everyone was there to go to the show even if they were vending, cuz its all about the music, not the parking lot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, wlewis
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#31823 3 years, 4 months ago
neverstop66 wrote:
Smiley from Texas wrote:
what do you mean why do they follow the band if they cant go into all the shows? its because that's there passion just like yours and anyone else who follows the boys except that they don't have the funds that some of us do to travel and also be inside every show. I mean the grateful dead has always had tons of people outside the show who couldn't get in. if you don't get in you shakedown on shakedown street outside with all the other kids who weren't fortunate to get in.

so should everyone who doesn't have a ticket to the show just not show up?

you seem like a good dude, but there are some differing opinions here. To answer your question, if you don't have any intention of getting a ticket don't show up. These are the types that were ruining the scene in the 90's. The band has asked on many occasions that if you don't have a ticket don't show up. I will tell you that when I started seeing the dead, I feel everyone was there to go to the show even if they were vending, cuz its all about the music, not the parking lot.
I'm not sure what sadphil means by" trash." there have always been mountains of trash at dead related events because there are never enough trash receptacles in the lot or in the venue. also lots of people are lazy and don't want to, or won't walk out of their way to use them.
If he's talking about the people he hasn't got a clue ! the people are almost always cool and the sketch factor has gone way down in recent years. there will always be problems at shows , and not just in the dead universe.
as far as showing up without tickets, I'm kinda on the fence . As long as the ticketless hordes aren't gatecrashing or otherwise causing trouble I don't have a problem with it.
More people just adds to the festive atmosphere of the event
If you don't have tickets, bring trash bags and pick up cans to be recycled. you could get enough money up for tix to the next one !
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#31863 3 years, 4 months ago
Do we have to break out the old "keep the scene clean" bumperstickers again?
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, Muddy Das
intothesun
Visitor

#31877 3 years, 4 months ago
aahh, just bring your own light to the show. I know what you mean, theres alot of people who think that being some kind of show off hard core asshole is giving them some kind of high status in the family - when any idiot knows that we are all equal. Oh, and if they "got thier wings" lookout, they are the shit! lol i cant stand those wanna b youngsters they got it all wrong.

I was at the tower with my neighbor this spring. He used to follow the dead back in the 80's and sell Jagermiester shots out of a cooler on his skateboard. He's like 45 now. I'm 32. When jerry checked out, i was only 15 . luckily, I saw him 1 time at the spectrum 10 07 94 (last time, dew, twbs, drums, corinna!$) But anyway....we were at the tower and my friend looks like any normal looking 45 year old. Jeans, sneakers and a shirt. Some stupid fucking girl walks up to him and tries to jedi mind trick him by saying, hey ya know what song this is.??..like she was testing him to see if he was a real head or just some guy trying to fit in. Even if he was just some guy or a newcomer to the scene, who cares, he was having fun!! Point is, this dumb-ass girl thought she was cooler than him cause she smelled like roses and champa and new the title of every song and she had a "hottie" set up for the night at a howard johnson with her travlin buddies. and my friend had seen jerry like over 50 times as a kid and would have never tried to intimidate someone even if it was thier first show. He was dancin to jerry and the dead when this girl was still learning to poop on the potty!! lol

Some of these kids are so damn mad they missed out on jerry, they want to be "family" so bad they miss the whole simple jist of it all.. JUST BE KIND!!! if you aint bein kind, you aint being a deadhead or a "wook". Chewy would expect more from his fellow wooks - chewy wasnt a dick. jerry wasnt a dick. and brent wasnt a dick at all.

Time to create page: 0.27 seconds