• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

Re: Furthur Scene is TRASH

#31693 3 years, 1 month ago
I look for goodness where I can and I find it alot when I'm not looking. I don't judge the kids nowadays. We were once like that. I think.
The following user(s) said Thank You: neverstop66
nastero
Junior Boarder

#31694 3 years, 1 month ago
captaintony wrote:
I look for goodness where I can and I find it alot when I'm not looking. I don't judge the kids nowadays. We were once like that. I think.

Of course, I used the "stinky, grimy tour rat" line more as a joke than anything. Given I was talking about not being judged I felt it appropriate to slip in a little irony by "judging" in the act of saying I don't judge them for being what they are . Subtle, perhaps, but entertaining to me all the same
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#31695 3 years, 1 month ago
We are judged on how we look , what's inside means nothing .
That's how it was and how it will always be .
Belive me i know better than anyone .
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

#31699 3 years, 1 month ago
wlewis wrote:
Smiley from Texas wrote:
we come in all shapes and sizes and from all walks of life. thats the beauty of the shows man is that for a few nights we all come together and throw all the bull shit out the windows and let it all hang out.

and Wings are usually givin to you when you earn them. A real close friend of mine Winged me after doing two tours with him and he got me the Terrapin wings because they represent good deeds done. And i dont think there is anything wrong with calling the people i travel from show to show with from state to state with from country to country with my family. We all take care of eachother and anyone in need and we all came together because of the shows and thats what keeps bringing us back.

I actually had a life changing experience at my first show in denver 09 when i realized that the way people where treating eachother like family and acting totally kind and being nice humans and it was all just because its the right thing to do. I knew right then after the show on the lot that there aint no place id rather be........ so baby wont you carry meeeeeeee

And ive been at the shows ever since : ) Good day folks and btw Phil looks like the happiest person on earth when he plays. do you maybe need glasses kid?

smiley---i understand and know what you are saying---but could you explain the mass overload of wings all over the parking lot? or explain the people who make em and sell them now, to any joe schmoe who has hit 1 show? i remember the days of hand downs, and i remember those folks were the ones you went to when ya needed something, whatever it may be, or even had a question...i've got my tour family just like everyone else but those mass produced and sold wings just scream inexperienced kid nowadays---same kids who arent going into the shows--unless they kick the fence in, but they will sell you their research chemicals and call it LSD, or give you a 3 gram bag of beaster and make up a name for it, and still ask for something crazy like 60 bucks...

You remember the days of handdowns? are you upset that people arnt giving you free stuff? I have a ton of random handowns ive gotten from people at shows and on the road and i see people doing it all day long. Last summer tour I had 100 fiurthur shirts printed up with a sick design my girl made and we gave away every single one of them on tour. maybe you just needa be in the right place or somethin. but thats silly to be bummed that your not getting a handdown.

And for the kids with wings who dont get into the show.... um have you ever thought about the hundreds of kids who follow the tour now a days who barely have money for gas food let alone a ticket. Its not cuz they dont wanna come in bro because i guarantee if you went on lot and told all the kids it was a free show for anyone without a ticket they would be right there getting down with the rest of us. they are just unfortunate to have enought money to pay 70 bucks a ticket for 30 shows in a row wihile paying for everyting else.

and how do wings scream inexperienced kids? Please tell me what makes you more experienced and superior to these kids who live there live around the band and makin it to the next show. Or you could go on lot and start tellin everyone how stupid you think there wings are and how you think they are "enexperienced" if your really curious

im just giving a different opinion on it. and btw why do you hate on wings so much? its just a 15 dollar little pin that people kick down to there tour family. Its like hating on everyone who wears a tie dye dead shirt... it just doesnt make to much sinse
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#31714 3 years, 1 month ago
Why go on tour if you aren't going into the shows? Even the carnies go inside the carnival? That does't make sense to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Confusions Prince, wlewis, captaintony
nastero
Junior Boarder

#31715 3 years, 1 month ago
Not to toss fuel on the "fire," but 70$ for a ticket, taking into account inflation, isn't much different than what folks had to pay for tickets as they toured around in days gone by. The same could be said for fuel and food. Certainly there is nothing wrong with touring and catching as many shows as possible, but with some ingenuity and a decent job during non-touring times should be more than enough to give even the most ardent follower enough seed cash to get them going on the road to supporting themself on tour.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, brobnsita, ecojaded
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#31718 3 years, 1 month ago
captaintony wrote:

I like the mix of young and old at furthur shows. I have been able to party like a rock star with some of them and had many great times. Makes me feel young again, even though my wife says I still think I'm 20.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, captaintony
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#31722 3 years, 1 month ago
Smiley from Texas wrote:
wlewis wrote:
Smiley from Texas wrote:
we come in all shapes and sizes and from all walks of life. thats the beauty of the shows man is that for a few nights we all come together and throw all the bull shit out the windows and let it all hang out.

and Wings are usually givin to you when you earn them. A real close friend of mine Winged me after doing two tours with him and he got me the Terrapin wings because they represent good deeds done. And i dont think there is anything wrong with calling the people i travel from show to show with from state to state with from country to country with my family. We all take care of eachother and anyone in need and we all came together because of the shows and thats what keeps bringing us back.

I actually had a life changing experience at my first show in denver 09 when i realized that the way people where treating eachother like family and acting totally kind and being nice humans and it was all just because its the right thing to do. I knew right then after the show on the lot that there aint no place id rather be........ so baby wont you carry meeeeeeee

And ive been at the shows ever since : ) Good day folks and btw Phil looks like the happiest person on earth when he plays. do you maybe need glasses kid?

smiley---i understand and know what you are saying---but could you explain the mass overload of wings all over the parking lot? or explain the people who make em and sell them now, to any joe schmoe who has hit 1 show? i remember the days of hand downs, and i remember those folks were the ones you went to when ya needed something, whatever it may be, or even had a question...i've got my tour family just like everyone else but those mass produced and sold wings just scream inexperienced kid nowadays---same kids who arent going into the shows--unless they kick the fence in, but they will sell you their research chemicals and call it LSD, or give you a 3 gram bag of beaster and make up a name for it, and still ask for something crazy like 60 bucks...

You remember the days of handdowns? are you upset that people arnt giving you free stuff? I have a ton of random handowns ive gotten from people at shows and on the road and i see people doing it all day long. Last summer tour I had 100 fiurthur shirts printed up with a sick design my girl made and we gave away every single one of them on tour. maybe you just needa be in the right place or somethin. but thats silly to be bummed that your not getting a handdown.

And for the kids with wings who dont get into the show.... um have you ever thought about the hundreds of kids who follow the tour now a days who barely have money for gas food let alone a ticket. Its not cuz they dont wanna come in bro because i guarantee if you went on lot and told all the kids it was a free show for anyone without a ticket they would be right there getting down with the rest of us. they are just unfortunate to have enought money to pay 70 bucks a ticket for 30 shows in a row wihile paying for everyting else.

and how do wings scream inexperienced kids? Please tell me what makes you more experienced and superior to these kids who live there live around the band and makin it to the next show. Or you could go on lot and start tellin everyone how stupid you think there wings are and how you think they are "enexperienced" if your really curious

im just giving a different opinion on it. and btw why do you hate on wings so much? its just a 15 dollar little pin that people kick down to there tour family. Its like hating on everyone who wears a tie dye dead shirt... it just doesnt make to much sinse

smiley---i am not talking about free things, i am talking about the handing down on wings...im not looking for anything from anyone but some deceny and respect, just as a human being--i go out with my own money for the tour and i use what i need and help out a lot more people than myself .and why is anyone on tour with the band if they arent going to the shows? my experience is doing what those people do, except i buy the tickets and go to the shows--66 from furthur...im not that much older than most of the people getting into this scene, i just got into it when i was younger...i am not superior to anyone, i am an equal

also---i dont go on lot telling anyone anything---i ask questions, i let people tell me about themselves

its not like hating on someone with a tie dye shirt on, they werent passed down the shirt for any reason...i don't hate the wings...i just don't like how they are everywhere now, they used to mean something different when they were not sold to anyone who had 15 or 20 dollars...

im not even trying to argue with you about it im just pointing this out--it is what i have SEEN and EXPERIENCED in the lots for the past several years
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#31736 3 years, 1 month ago
Wait a minute. Maybe he was in Boca Raton and this is what he meant.
2011-04-06_23-05-08_388.jpg

2011-04-06_23-05-18_134.jpg
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#31743 3 years, 1 month ago
Hey, you know what bothers me. Those thieves that walk around right after everyone has left the venue looking to grab whatever anyone has dropped. Anyone else ever see these people? I hate the rat race after the show and I usually get a cd of the show so we sit around inside until they ask us to leave (they always do that) and theres always these wook types on the prowl. Its really sleazy what they are doing. I'd like to think the cleanup crew would hand stuff in to lost and found.
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds