• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

Re: Furthur Scene is TRASH

#31622 3 years, 2 months ago
Smiley from Texas wrote:
DeadHead420 wrote:
.....ummmm did you literally jus create this sad phiil character..to go online and....express how sad phil is....Im confused....Thats jus stupid, man. Not much more to say than that. Faawwwk id rather hear from drfreud of the subject.

P.S. Where were ya at smiley?

I was there both days but the first day i didnt get on lot till like 5. And the second day was the same way.

I was posted up by the furthur bus once i got there and was lookin for someone that looked liked your avatar but didnt have any luck. I even had 8 different kinds of Fullmelt that i had pressed all together for the board smoke sesh. I ended up running into a few furthur boarders there and got to meet them which was badass.

im doin the whole east coast summer tour and the whole west coast fall tour. so we will for sure party than pimpin
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#31627 3 years, 2 months ago
are there a few trashy folks and activities that go on? yes

is the furthur scene trash? no

i have seen way more positive than negative going to furthur shows---i've also learned how to avoid those situations and folks-- we like to call them---"wingsters"--the ones who buy "wings" and think they've ultimately become "family" or real heads or something HAHAHAHA its a joke really---because anytime i've had negative experiences theres always one of those types involved---littering, harrassing people (name calling, forceful demands for the change in my pocket, etc) not paying attention to the music, you name it---these same people seem to not realize other people are on tour---living the same lifestyle as they are, except some of us have a plan

but anyone who tries to justify it is all positivity and love is dead wrong---because there defintely is the other side of the coin
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: bokb
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

#31644 3 years, 2 months ago
we come in all shapes and sizes and from all walks of life. thats the beauty of the shows man is that for a few nights we all come together and throw all the bull shit out the windows and let it all hang out.

and Wings are usually givin to you when you earn them. A real close friend of mine Winged me after doing two tours with him and he got me the Terrapin wings because they represent good deeds done. And i dont think there is anything wrong with calling the people i travel from show to show with from state to state with from country to country with my family. We all take care of eachother and anyone in need and we all came together because of the shows and thats what keeps bringing us back.

I actually had a life changing experience at my first show in denver 09 when i realized that the way people where treating eachother like family and acting totally kind and being nice humans and it was all just because its the right thing to do. I knew right then after the show on the lot that there aint no place id rather be........ so baby wont you carry meeeeeeee

And ive been at the shows ever since : ) Good day folks and btw Phil looks like the happiest person on earth when he plays. do you maybe need glasses kid?
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by Smiley from Texas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bokb
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#31645 3 years, 2 months ago
Its all about the music, always has been. If you don't like the scene, avoid it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Confusions Prince, iamthedoor, brobnsita, aprilius
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#31662 3 years, 2 months ago
Smiley from Texas wrote:
we come in all shapes and sizes and from all walks of life. thats the beauty of the shows man is that for a few nights we all come together and throw all the bull shit out the windows and let it all hang out.

and Wings are usually givin to you when you earn them. A real close friend of mine Winged me after doing two tours with him and he got me the Terrapin wings because they represent good deeds done. And i dont think there is anything wrong with calling the people i travel from show to show with from state to state with from country to country with my family. We all take care of eachother and anyone in need and we all came together because of the shows and thats what keeps bringing us back.

I actually had a life changing experience at my first show in denver 09 when i realized that the way people where treating eachother like family and acting totally kind and being nice humans and it was all just because its the right thing to do. I knew right then after the show on the lot that there aint no place id rather be........ so baby wont you carry meeeeeeee

And ive been at the shows ever since : ) Good day folks and btw Phil looks like the happiest person on earth when he plays. do you maybe need glasses kid?

smiley---i understand and know what you are saying---but could you explain the mass overload of wings all over the parking lot? or explain the people who make em and sell them now, to any joe schmoe who has hit 1 show? i remember the days of hand downs, and i remember those folks were the ones you went to when ya needed something, whatever it may be, or even had a question...i've got my tour family just like everyone else but those mass produced and sold wings just scream inexperienced kid nowadays---same kids who arent going into the shows--unless they kick the fence in, but they will sell you their research chemicals and call it LSD, or give you a 3 gram bag of beaster and make up a name for it, and still ask for something crazy like 60 bucks...
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#31663 3 years, 2 months ago
^^^

in additon, not everyone can hang up their differences during these shows, and treat people equal and human....i see the opposite happen usually at least once per show whether it be before during or after...and i can tell you this from experience....i got treated a lot differently when i had hair down to my ass and a beard...
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor, ecojaded
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

#31667 3 years, 2 months ago
wlewis wrote:
^^^

in additon, not everyone can hang up their differences during these shows, and treat people equal and human....i see the opposite happen usually at least once per show whether it be before during or after...and i can tell you this from experience....i got treated a lot differently when i had hair down to my ass and a beard...

just curious. Treated better or worse?
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#31685 3 years, 2 months ago
keith-i was treated more like a deadhead on tour when i had the hair and beard

nowadays people think im a cop-- i find folks less friendly, less interested---they probably think im just some first timer hanging out

because of this i have distanced myself from the immediate tour scene for the most part, no longer hitching rides on the buses or vending anything...willl i still hang with my friends on the bus? yes....im more concerned now with getting to cities/venues on time, not worrying about whoever freaking out on whatever kind of drugs they're on, not trying to come up with cash on the road out of my ass

i learned i was not like most people on tour so i learned to adjust and make it work

'but me im still on the road headed for another joint'---still touring just in a different fashion...
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaintony, bokb, ecojaded
nastero
Junior Boarder

#31691 3 years, 2 months ago
wlewis wrote:
keith-i was treated more like a deadhead on tour when i had the hair and beard

nowadays people think im a cop-- i find folks less friendly, less interested---they probably think im just some first timer hanging out

because of this i have distanced myself from the immediate tour scene for the most part, no longer hitching rides on the buses or vending anything...willl i still hang with my friends on the bus? yes....im more concerned now with getting to cities/venues on time, not worrying about whoever freaking out on whatever kind of drugs they're on, not trying to come up with cash on the road out of my ass

i learned i was not like most people on tour so i learned to adjust and make it work

'but me im still on the road headed for another joint'---still touring just in a different fashion...

I have had similar experiences here in L.A. at various Dead related events (a few DSO shows and one or two Cubensis) where I came to the show from work and got shit from some of the younger, grungier, set of fans. It was funny because they'd give me all of this attitude and I'd explain to them that the fact that I was a productive, working member of society didn't make me any less of a fan or any less kind-hearted and that, if they really believed and followed the philosophy of acceptance and love that they espoused as "hippies" and "deadheads" then they really shouldn't be judging me based on what I do or don't wear much like I wasn't judging them for being a stinky, scrounging, tour rat . That usually quieted them down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Playdead419
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#31692 3 years, 2 months ago
All i want is to be able to see shows with people who claim kindness , but half the time it the high school hallways all over again.
That just sucks cause some of us are just trying to find our way and it goes a little better when there are some kind folks along the way
The following user(s) said Thank You: the highway terror, Trollzapper
Time to create page: 0.84 seconds