• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Furthur Forum March Madness 2014!!

#317104 4 months, 1 week ago
The first two glorious full days of March Madness have come and gone, but there are more rounds ahead! There have sure been some great games so far, real cliffhangers and incredible comebacks. Stephen F. Austin coming back from 4 down with just one play left has to be the story of the games so far, what a play!! Of course, I'm a big fan of SFA now, since their star player has long hair, is known for wearing tie-dyes and goes by the nickname Sunshine. I mean, come on, how can I not be a fan of the Lumberjacks given that?!

And of course, I'm looking forward to Michigan and MSU both playing again later today: Go Blue and Go Green!!

As for the pool standings, it appears I'm still holding onto the top spot, with 66Slim (I'm pretty sure) in second, and another half dozen folks tied for third. But there's a lot of basketball left over the next couple of weeks, anything can happen. Enjoy the games and the weekend, folks!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: pink11
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#317138 4 months, 1 week ago
Wow, sure didn't see that Dayton upset over Syracuse coming!! You can hear the sounds of brackets blowing up all over the country! My sympathies to all the Orange fans around here, though that was quite a game to watch!

Last Edit: 4 months, 1 week ago by SunshineSue.
Molly Leigh
Senior Boarder
I'm goin' go for it for sure

#317154 4 months, 1 week ago
We lived in Dayton for a number of years, so that was kinda sweet. And the defeat over OSU was awesome!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
pink11
Platinum Boarder

#317157 4 months, 1 week ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Wow, sure didn't see that Dayton upset over Syracuse coming!! You can hear the sounds of brackets blowing up all over the country! My sympathies to all the Orange fans around here, though that was quite a game to watch!

Arghhhh! I know!

Congrats on another Wolverine win!
gr8ful bruin
Senior Boarder
Mr. Charlie

#317218 4 months, 1 week ago
I am going to the UCLA game thursday have some faimly flyiing in we also get to see Stanford / dayton If we win I'll be goining on saturday. I am going to be behind the hoop and I am going to wear my black Jerry sghirt so jerry should get some good screen time.

Sweet 16!!!!!
Go to Terrapin, no really go to TERRAPIN
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, pink11
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#317471 4 months ago
gr8ful bruin wrote:
I am going to the UCLA game thursday have some faimly flyiing in we also get to see Stanford / dayton If we win I'll be goining on saturday. I am going to be behind the hoop and I am going to wear my black Jerry sghirt so jerry should get some good screen time.

Sweet 16!!!!!

Hey, that's very cool, enjoy the games! I hope you and the shirt get on air, I'll keep an eye out!! I'm sure it would be big fun to see your Bruins upset Florida.

Only 25 long hours to wait until more basketball, it's been tough going without for 3 nights!!

The schedule for the Sweet 16 is as follows:

Thursday:
7:15 ET on CBS Dayton vs Stanford

7:47 ET on TBS Baylor vs Wisconsin

Approx 9:45 ET on CBS UCLA vs Florida

Approx 10:17 ET on TBS San Diego State vs Arizona

Friday:
7:15 ET on CBS Tennessee vs Michigan

7:27 ET on TBS Connecticut vs Iowa State

Approx 9:45 on CBS Kentucky vs Louisville

Approx 9:57 on TBS Michigan State vs Virginia

As for the pool, your humble Commissioner remains in first, closely followed by Ralph and JackStraw 77 in second and DenverMan, Jim2794, Warlock and Avettsister in third. But as I've said before, there's a lot of basketball yet to be played and a lot of potential bracket busters on the schedule. I just hope my local teams keep moving on, they could potentially meet in the final, if I have my druthers! Enjoy the games, folks!!
Last Edit: 4 months ago by SunshineSue.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#317624 4 months ago
There were some good games last night, for awhile there I really thought both number 1's were going to go down! After that first half of the sweet 16, we now have a 3-way tie for first place in the pool between Jim2794, Warlock and Avettsister. Nice picking, guys!!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend's excitement, folks! The important games are coming up tonight, at least for me. GO BLUE AND GO GREEN!!!!
pink11
Platinum Boarder

#317690 4 months ago
Congrats again Sue!
Just saw that close wolverine/ tn game.
Nerveracking!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#317695 4 months ago
pink11 wrote:
Congrats again Sue!
Just saw that close wolverine/ tn game.
Nerveracking!

OMG, I'm grinning ear to ear, but my heart is still racing!! What a nail biter that turned into after my guys blew their lead! Gotta love the Madness!

Now I hope MSU can win their game as well, and I'm one step closer to my dream final!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#317788 4 months ago
Go Flyers!! I want to see the little guy upset the big school, even though it will ruin my money bracket.

Currently alone in the lead, prior to this afternoon's games, is Jim2794, followed by Avettsister and then me. Good luck, one and all, and enjoy the games!
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds