• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Seastrom
Junior Boarder

Cuthbert Amphitheater, Eugene, OR

#31556 3 years, 2 months ago
I finally get a chance to see a show in OR, I can't wait. Wandering a fun place to stay? any suggestions would help
Thanks
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Cuthbert Amphitheater, Eugene, OR

#31635 3 years, 2 months ago
booked a suite a la quinta, 1/2 mi from venue---i like to be able to walk to the shows, and motels closest to venues always have folks from the shows kickin it all nght
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#31746 3 years, 2 months ago
Its the shows I'm going to try to go to. Would anyone care to speculate if there will be camping.

I'll probably just get a room, but I had so much fun in 93 that I would love to try staying on the lot again.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
JStraw
Junior Boarder

#31754 3 years, 2 months ago
Since there was no camping last year for Cuthbert, I'll guess there is none this time around as well.
Those who hear not the music. . . think the dancers mad.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#31758 3 years, 2 months ago
I sleep better in a bed anyway.

How was the scene? I remember it being pretty chill, as a matter of fact, it was the best of the 93 summer tour.
Gr8tfulEd
Junior Boarder

#31784 3 years, 2 months ago
Last year was great, but the days of the Autzen camp scene (ala 87-94) are long gone. Sigh.
The scene was (nicely) mellow last year, of course, it rained the second day, but hey, it's Oregon.
I and crew stayed at a nearby motel, and that was cool Plenty of other heads. But this year, as it's 3 nights, were staying at Armitage campground: a lot cheaper and only 4.7 miles from the venue! A short 15 minute drive after the show. Perfect.
I drive a green '73 bus (it is the one flying flags you may have seen it), and my buddy is bringing his '72. Look us up!
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by Gr8tfulEd. Reason: I flubbed
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#31794 3 years, 2 months ago
SWEET!!

I had a van that I was living in at the time, so it was great, I had everything with me.

The campgrounds are where the after party's are.

Just gathering some early info, so I can have the best time possible.

I will definitely say howdy if I see you.
Eric
Fresh Boarder

#31864 3 years, 2 months ago
Gr8tfulEd, Many thanks for the fyi regarding camping at Armitage. I just made my reservation - reviews seem to say sites 1-15 are the best, with no trees and facing the center lawn. Looks like there's one other reservation made for those dates so far - if that's you, I reserved the site in front of you. I'm so looking forward to this - gonna be a good time. My ride's a bright yellow Aztek.
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by Eric.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#31868 3 years, 2 months ago
I've made long time friends at the campgrounds around tour.
Gr8tfulEd
Junior Boarder

#31981 3 years, 2 months ago
Eric wrote:
Gr8tfulEd, Many thanks for the fyi regarding camping at Armitage. I just made my reservation - reviews seem to say sites 1-15 are the best, with no trees and facing the center lawn. Looks like there's one other reservation made for those dates so far - if that's you, I reserved the site in front of you. I'm so looking forward to this - gonna be a good time. My ride's a bright yellow Aztek.

Excellent! Yes, that's me and mine. Between your yellow Aztek and my green bus, we shouldn't catch any flak in Eugene (that's their school colors).

Nothing left to do but smile smile smile!
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds