• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SPAC84
Junior Boarder

Re: Okay just back from Phish in Cleveland & Cincy

#32003 3 years, 3 months ago
I've seen a lot of Phish shows from 1992-2003 but never over the Grateful Dead. I lost interest after the latest breakup but found myself attending Bethel Sunday Night. I enjoyed that to the point that I jumped into my car Friday night at 2 am to drive out to Blossom. Glad I did! I've been to Blossom once before (Dead 2004) and forgot how good a time it was. The Shakedown/lot scene was firing on all cylinders for sure. Going in was one cluster *%$# and it was definitely hot as hell. A lot of people have been complaining that Phish is just mailing it in these days........Saturday night they sure as hell did NOT mail it in! I agree with an earlier post on here that comparing Phish to the Grateful Dead is like comparing apples to oranges. I really like apples (hey I'm from NY) but a tasty orange hits the spot from time to time. Whatever you listen to play or attend, do it with passion!
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#32038 3 years, 3 months ago
I'm sticking with the ice cream analogy. Lots of flavors. Everyone has a favorite, but you shouldn'tt turn down a scoop of something else.

The Phisheads on PT sure won't know what they have until it's gone ..... again. I never heard a bigger bunch of whining, complaining, asshats criticizing what Trey and the boys are putting out these days.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#32046 3 years, 3 months ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
I'm sticking with the ice cream analogy. Lots of flavors. Everyone has a favorite, but you shouldn'tt turn down a scoop of something else.

I just saw a news segment off CNN this morning- they were selling cicada isce cream... that's right- grasshopper ice cream. Just wondering how far your analogy goes.... I would turn down this scoop of ice cream.... I'd see Phish if it was easy to get to and not expensive. But I'd fly to another city for a few furthur shows....
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds